I'll stick with Raccoons...

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #1  

dirt ditch

Veteran Member
Tractor
We have Raccoons and possums running around our yard at night but my SIL and her husband have something much larger prowling around. I did not know Wisconsin has such a large bear population.

View attachment 476202

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #2  
They should be afraid ... VERY AFRAID! :eek:

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #3  
Looks like it would make an excellent rug.:)

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #4  
Black bears can be very persistent. If you have sliding or french doors, they can be inside in seconds.

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #6  
Black bears can be very persistent. If you have sliding or french doors, they can be inside in seconds.

I recalled a video of a bear 'entering" a vehicle at some California Park parking lot, so went to the internet to look for the images.
I didn't find what i was thinking of, but rather caught some film of a bear breaking into a car. It took all of 15 seconds for the bruin to shatter glass and dive in for the goods!

"In an altercation between man and the beasts, I believe I would side with the bears"

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #7  
wow 62 degrees at 1 AM. I would trade our 80 degrees at 5 AM and keep the bear.

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #8  
We have Raccoons and possums running around our yard at night but my SIL and her husband have something much larger prowling around. I did not know Wisconsin has such a large bear population.

View attachment 476202
No shortage of bears here now. They used to stay in the north forests but as the numbers increased they started moving south, then they discovered the cornfields and with that in their diet the population exploded...one or two cubs per cycle became triplets, quads and the occasional quint.

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #9  
I think those that live in Bear country accept and respect them. For the rest of us, it's a bit disturbing. :)

In my lifetime I've only heard of 3 black bear sightings in my County. I've heard of at least 20 Cougar sightings. But how could that be,,, our Conservation Department says we don't have such things here. :)

Sidestory: A local Turkey hunter was sitting on the ground camo'd and calling. A Bobcat attacked him. No damage to either, other than a jolt to the heart of each!!!! :D

/ I'll stick with Raccoons... #10  
Someone is feeding it or not keeping the garbage secured. A recipe for regret.
I suggest they find out why that bear is up in the yard and get that issue resolved before an incident occurs.