Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma.

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #11  
Having lived several years over seas in third world countries, I've come to the conclusion that the more primitive the life style, the earlier they die. Nepal was probably the worse where they live indoors with their animals and have an open fire burning with nowhere for the smoke to go. But in every country that I've been, life expectancy was always much lower then what we have here. I always thought it was from our medical system, but have changed my mind and think it's from the food we eat. Those of us who eat well, avoid junk, live the longest. Get a stress free career, happy home life and always have something to do will live even longer. If the Amish are in fact living longer, it's because they eat better. If they do not have asthma, it's because of what they eat.

Around here, walking in grass barefoot is one of the most dangerous things you can do. Fire ants are brutal!!!!

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #12  
Holy smoke!

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #13  
I did a lot of things as a kid that I wouldn't want my grandchildren doing like eating mud pies, walking barefoot thru manure piles etc. Lots of parasites can be picked up that way even though eating unsanitary foods might boost our immune system, I still wouldn't want kids doing that in today' World. There is a lot more contamination from dangerous chemical spills out there now than there was 60 years ago. We could eat the snow back then too but I wouldn't today.

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #14  
Barefoot is good in some areas. In other places, well, maybe not so good.

[video]https://www.google.ca/search?q=jiggers&client=safari&hl=en-ca&prmd=ivmn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjK3MyD3KfOAhVI6IMKHV0jDwcQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=648#imgrc=0obyY3L-U-sA8M%3A[/video]

Note to self:

Do not go barefoot when traveling to Latin America or Africa.

On second thought, never travel to Latin America or Africa.

Steve

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #15  
Knocking on wood first, my 4 year old son has never been sick a day in his life other than a sniffle that lasted a day or two. I always told my wife I was going to roll him around in the chicken house dirt but of course never did. I don't remember a single case of asthma in our rural school of 160 kids growing up. I'm sure there must have been some but I don't ever remember it. There was one kid diagnosed with A.D.D. but it was probably because he never got a whoopin lol. I don't think all the hand sanitizer is good for us either btw.

Kevin

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #16  
It follows along these lines that there is some investigation into the use of early anti-biotics causing asthma and many allergies. The over use of antibiotics for ear aches is criminal! They don't even care if it's a virus. The doctors just deal it out like candy. There are parents that think the doctor hasn't done their job unless they are leaving with medicine.

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #17  
Have read were some researchers think kids eating their bugers helps them develop resistance to certain things. Remember the oldest pulling one out and starting for her mouth when her Dad stopped her and wiped it off her finger. She told him 'it was not polite to take peoples food'!!

A very experienced older administrative nurse told me that people in U.S. live longer than their ancestors but are sick all the time. We are exposed to so many diseases. She also said that you could take a 21st century person and put them in colonial America and it would wipe out the population due to all the diseases we carry.

Makes one think.

I do think kids are coddled a little too much today. I can remember running the manure spreader, having to reach in all the cow s--t and cut out strings that stopped it from working. And having to strip to my underwear and be hosed off before Mom would let me come in the house. Wiping chicken s--t off my bare feet every time I went outside. Etc., and it didn't kill me.

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #18  
I did a lot of things as a kid that I wouldn't want my grandchildren doing like eating mud pies, walking barefoot thru manure piles etc. Lots of parasites can be picked up that way even though eating unsanitary foods might boost our immune system, I still wouldn't want kids doing that in today' World. There is a lot more contamination from dangerous chemical spills out there now than there was 60 years ago. We could eat the snow back then too but I wouldn't today.

Ironically, it may actually be the parasites that help. There is some evidence that round worms residing in the lungs help prevent asthma. "farm kids" are more likely to have these parasites and under normal circumstances they don't cause any known negative symptoms.

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #19  
When I was a tender young kid, walking barefoot in a cow pasture, tended to lead to a tetanus shot.

/ Going barefoot in the cow pasture prevents asthma. #20  
When I was a tender young kid, walking barefoot in a cow pasture, tended to lead to a tetanus shot.

Manure; particularly horse manure, is a sure place to find the Clostridium bacteria.