What to look out for when buying land?

/ What to look out for when buying land? #11  
CBD,

Will you have to keep the deer from eating whatever you put out? I've been trying to get hazelnut bushes growing along my road frontage. They're native to this area and supposed to be hardy. They also make nuts I happen to like. They have "showy" fruiting bodies at some time during the year. My problem is that the deer like the nice tender shoots and leaves. Some of the tiny conservation department stuff I've put out keeps coming back, but hasn't been able to make much growth due to browsing. If they survive, they should get to about 10-15 feet tall and wide.

Chuck

/ What to look out for when buying land? #12  
I'm envious. We love nut trees and and various nuts. But, they only thing we've had any success with in the tropics is pistachio, and it dies back in the Winter, then springs up again in the Spring as if it had always been there.

And, you thought the weather was always the same down here, I'll bet. My live oak trees stay green all winter, start to lose their leaves in March, and start to grow new leaf buds at the same time the old, yellow leaves are falling off. Within two weeks, they're totally green again.

/ What to look out for when buying land? #13  
Yea we've got deer for sure!!! I sometimes think I'm raising deer instead of cattle. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ What to look out for when buying land? #14  
Rogue , where are you looking ??? The prices you stated seemed rather high for this area . John

/ What to look out for when buying land? #16  
Richard, might take a look at these. We planted last fall. I hope they turn out as good as these picks. They are available in two styles, shade tree and screen.
Attached pic is of a 17 month old screen.

Sorry to hijack thread.

Attachments

• 415039-skyrise1_lg.jpg
    415039-skyrise1_lg.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 141
   / What to look out for when buying land? #17  
Here is a pic of a six year old shade tree style.

Attachments

• 415040-skyrise2_lg.jpg
    415040-skyrise2_lg.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 154
   / What to look out for when buying land?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Rogue , where are you looking ??? The prices you stated seemed rather high for this area . John )</font>

Center Township is higher than you can get as you go North a bit.

/ What to look out for when buying land? #19  
Are u saying this tree is ONLY 6 yrs OLD ??????

DougM

/ What to look out for when buying land? #20  
What are they hambone?