Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ??

/ Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
The wife and I are going to start to do a little more traveling in the next year or so.I have been looking at the small portable lithium ion car jump starter just in case we ended up with a dead car battery/alternator problems.Any thoughts,are some better than others? I looked on amazon but holy heck there are so many different choices it gets confusing.

Last edited:
   / Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ?? #2  
Re: Portable Lithium Ion car battery chargers ??

I would take a jump starter.

/ Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ?? #3  

Lots of things I'd pack before anything in that category. If you are concerned about your car battery, replace it. Battery in my wife's car doesn't see 5 years before it becomes a tractor battery for the rest of its life.

/ Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ??

Lots of things I'd pack before anything in that category. If you are concerned about your car battery, replace it. Battery in my wife's car doesn't see 5 years before it becomes a tractor battery for the rest of its life.
First let me be CLEAR I do keep up on all of our maintenance on all of our cars/trucks.I change my battery every 4-5 years.My thought process was JUST in case something did go wrong we don,t want to be stranded out in the boonies.Say the alternator took a crap I could at least get it started to get to a service garage verses getting towed.

I would take a jump starter.
Darn it I guess thats what I meant,gonna change my post.Thanks.

/ Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ?? #6  
They work good for a car with dead battery, but would start quickly. ie, they don't do extended cranking.
If you have a dead battery, because of a bad alternator, the car won't run for long. Old cars could run on a few volts, new cars can't and won't.

Also, most of those will charge your phone, so you can call for help

/ Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ?? #7  
Last three pickups I have owned I bought new and owned for a total of 34 years. I replaced one alternator in that time.

Last three pickups I have owned I bought new and owned for a total of 34 years. I replaced one alternator in that time.
Good for you hope your good fortunes continue.

/ Portable Lithium Ion jump starter ?? #9  
The only suggestion I have is to scroll to bottom of the first set of reviews offered and click on the link to all reviews, newest first. I was considering a lithium iron battery for my motorcycle that had a great overall rating. When I started reading the newest reviews I found two with pics that had burned to a crust in the last few months.

It's difficult to plan for the unknown. I too have only replaced 1 alternator in 10 years. Doesn't mean mine won't fail next week.

My original truck battery lasted 10 years. I'll be dammed if I'm gonna start replacing batteries that are working properly.

The only suggestion I have is to scroll to bottom of the first set of reviews offered and click on the link to all reviews, newest first. I was considering a lithium iron battery for my motorcycle that had a great overall rating. When I started reading the newest reviews I found two with pics that had burned to a crust in the last few months.

It's difficult to plan for the unknown. I too have only replaced 1 alternator in 10 years. Doesn't mean mine won't fail next week.

My original truck battery lasted 10 years. I'll be dammed if I'm gonna start replacing batteries that are working properly.
My last battery(junk interstate) in my 2006 ford F-150 lasted a whopping 2 1/2-3 years max.Went to start my truck one day deader than a door nail replaced with Deka brand battery.Thanks for the tip on rating reviews.