Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #1  

vulcancowboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
I was mowing today when I saw him. He didn't seem scared, injured or unhealthy. I can't believe he let me get close enough to smash him with the bucket. :confused:

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #2  
I'd like to suggest that if he let you get that close, then there was obviously something wrong with him. However, my wife's recently departed 95-year-old Grandmother used to be able to walk right up to one and bop it on the head with a shovel. She was notorious for killing groundhogs, skunks, snakes, and possums with shovels, hoes, and rakes.

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #3  
When I was a kid back on the farm, I was walking in the back fields with my dog and came upon a ground hog. The dog circled to the other side of the groundhog and worried it until I could grab a club and decommission it. Good dog.

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #4  
Our neighbor's dog (yellow lab) ran up to a small groundhog and hit it in the head with its paw... the groundhog croaked instantly. The dog just wanted to play. It was baffled. :confused3:

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #5  
I was mowing today when I saw him. He didn't seem scared, injured or unhealthy. I can't believe he let me get close enough to smash him with the bucket. :confused:

Thanks! This made me chuckle.
Oh, and remind me never to get too close to your front end loader...

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #6  
I feel bad for all the ground hogs I dispatched. Mostly for the sport of it. Terrible and very primitive behavior. I can't change what I have done.

We had thousands of gophers. About twenty years ago, they started dying. Same thing, they were disoriented, and could barely walk in a straight line. Now I may see two around all season, In a way that seems great, but it is a sign of sickness in our environment which is of course a chain.

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #7  
You must have one fast tractor...

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket #8  

Maybe living with his wife finally drove him to commit tractor assisted suicide..... [[ :) ]]

/ Killed a groundhog with the loader bucket
I'd like to suggest that if he let you get that close, then there was obviously something wrong with him. However, my wife's recently departed 95-year-old Grandmother used to be able to walk right up to one and bop it on the head with a shovel. She was notorious for killing groundhogs, skunks, snakes, and possums with shovels, hoes, and rakes.

Yeah, something wasn't right.