Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not?

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #1  

Retiredguy2

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4410
The people who have resided next door to us for 12 years just relocated to a new home 8 miles away. I did help them move (3 days) and upon unloading the last truck load I presented them with a gift card that entitled them to one half cord of seasoned and dried oak lumber. delivered and stacked. They loved to have backyard bonfires when they lived next to us...and the current home they moved to has no real firewood available but it does has a firepit. Now, is what I bequeathed them considered a proper housewarming (pun intended) gift, or do I need to buy them else something in addition?

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #2  
I always thought the proper gift was one the person would appreciate. To me seems you did a great job in the gift idea.

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #3  
If they enjoy back yard bonfires I think they should appreciate your 1/2 cord gift card. Plus the fact you helped them move for 3 days. If you feel its not enough take them a full cord when they have their new open house party.

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #4  
I think you done good :thumbsup:

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #5  
Three days of free moving help? I think they owe you a gift. :laughing:

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not?
Three days of free moving help? I think they owe you a gift. :laughing:

Respectfully disagree with you there...these are the kind of neighbors most people would only experience in their dreams. He is a cop, she is a school principal, three super well mannered kids...no loud parties, they kept up their property and in general the best kind of people. Quote here: "You do not really realize what a good neighbor is until you have to endure the bad ones..."

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #7  
Respectfully disagree with you there...these are the kind of neighbors most people would only experience in their dreams. He is a cop, she is a school principal, three super well mannered kids...no loud parties, they kept up their property and in general the best kind of people. Quote here: "You do not really realize what a good neighbor is until you have to endure the bad ones..."
I think you misunderstood my post. What I meant was that your gift was more than enough.

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #8  
The people who have resided next door to us for 12 years just relocated to a new home 8 miles away. I did help them move (3 days) and upon unloading the last truck load I presented them with a gift card that entitled them to one half cord of seasoned and dried oak lumber. delivered and stacked. They loved to have backyard bonfires when they lived next to us...and the current home they moved to has no real firewood available but it does has a firepit. Now, is what I bequeathed them considered a proper housewarming (pun intended) gift, or do I need to buy them else something in addition?

Seems like its something they would like, use and is actually usable.. So good job :)

/ Suitable "Housewarming" gift or not? #9  
I have only talked to my neighbor once since he moved in over a year ago. I guess that means he is a good neighbor.