Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT..

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #11  
Great story even if it wasn't you. I laughed a lot.

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #12  
Heard a strange noise out back and went to investigate... a young deer had a foot caught in a cyclone fence...

Wanting to help and know exactly what to do I did my best deer whisperer... it was obvious that it had struggled for some time.

Anyway, I gave it a bear hug and was able to extricate it... let it down and it took off like lightning...

I ended up with poison oak on my wrists... no good deed goes unpunished.

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #13  
Dying laughing because I know how amazing they are and we all have seemingly great ideas from time to time that are epic failures. I raised a faun off a bottle and while it was fine with me it was not fine with being picked up. I have messed around with a lot of animals but no matter which way I would pick that thing up it would kick a hole right through my shirt. I'm 6'4" 280lb and if that little thing didn't want me to do something with it I was not going to do it haha. Glad you made it

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #14  
I'm 6'4" 280lb and if that little thing didn't want me to do something with it I was not going to do it haha. Glad you made it

I have a 12 year old female feral cat that will just embarrass the daylights out of ANYBODY!!
AIN'T no picking up going on around here!! :laughing:

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #16  
LOL - that was great!

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #18  
Whether this actually happened to you or not, I was laughing my butt off while reading your story!!

I was wondering why you didn't just set up a separate feeder for the deer. Fatten them up for a few weeks and then.... corn fed venison! :thumbsup: If you are a pretty good shot with a good semi-auto, there's a pretty good chance you could have gotten all three of them at once! :laughing:

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #19  
Hi Travlitt,
Thanks very much for sharing your hilarious, well-written story with us all. I had a hard time to read it through as I was laughing too much. I won't attempt to rope a deer anytime soon.

/ Just a reminder about roping a deer....DON"T DO IT.. #20  
:laughing:

:thumbsup:

Next time,, have the OTHER end of the 100 foot+ rope tied to the hitch on your Texas Cadillac,,,
(a Texas Cadillac is a Chevy Suburban, for those who have not been to Texas)

Also, have the .243 WITH scope, close at hand,,,

After this episode,, WE ALL know there will be a repeat revenge attempt to rope a deer!! :confused2:

:licking:

Great story. Now I will tell you an OLD deer roping story that I believe is true, because my Dad knew of it first hand. This happened before my time; about the beginning of WWII.

My Dad was working in Lawton Oklahoma at the time; and they had a family friend who was a real cowboy...who encountered a "deer in the headlights" on a rural road one night. He had the bright idea to rope the deer...which he did, and snubbed it to the bumper of his new Plymouth. To make a long story short, the deer attacked the Plymouth, tearing the grill out of it. The cowboy managed to cut the deer loose, and went home a wiser, but sadder man.