Driving a pickup

/ Driving a pickup #11  
View attachment 481941

Not one for gimmicks, but the backup camera makes me back up like a pro! Shows two green lines that move in an arc when you turn the wheel, indicating where you are headed. Great, until it screws up!

I have these cameras on my 3/4T 2500HD and wife's Equinox. They work great for backing up to a trailer.

/ Driving a pickup #12  
Some divers just care and push it to the limit. :(

/ Driving a pickup #13  
Boston sucks to drive in so many rude drivers.
Yes. It's wonderful to live in the city on weekends, when there are no commuters.

Been doing my best to dissuade people from coming here, but with 680,00 jobs, 23 million tourists, some of the best hospitals in the country and three sports teams, haven't made a dent.

/ Driving a pickup #14  
View attachment 481941

I'm driving this rental as my 08 Duramax is in the shop for hail damage. Nice driving truck! Takes pot holes better then my 3/4 ton. But the steering is so freakishly sensitive.

Not one for gimmicks, but the backup camera makes me back up like a pro! Shows two green lines that move in an arc when you turn the wheel, indicating where you are headed. Great, until it screws up!

WE have a 2013 F-150. Did not think we needed/wanted the back up camera. We wanted a couple other options and the camera was in the package. Now we use that more than the other stuff we "needed". Makes hooking up to the horse trailer and easy one man job. Used to be an easy two man job or a pain in the *** one man job.

I can hook up alone in under 10 minutes. It would take me 15 or more just to get the hitch over the ball without the camera if I was doing it alone.

/ Driving a pickup #15  
The Ford and Chevy BU cameras have a "Zoom" feature that makes getting the ball under the hitch pretty easy. Honda has a "Top Down" view that is even better.

/ Driving a pickup #16  
Boston sucks to drive in so many rude drivers.

Being a Boston driver I have to agree with you. However, it is the out of state and polite drivers that cause the most problems as they don't abide by the local rules of the road. People expect you to dart into any possible opening when merging for example. Traffic backs up when polite and safe out of state drivers actually wait for a good sized gap or for someone to wave them in. Just yesterday I stopped and tried to wave a lady through a four way stop intersection and she hesitated. The guy behind me was on his horn in about two seconds. Very little violent road rage here though the one finger salute is common. And, yes, he got one from me but only because it was his second offense, he had tooted at me in the previous intersection because I stopped at a crosswalk to let school kids cross. Boston driving is not for the faint of heart.

/ Driving a pickup #17  
Being a Boston driver I have to agree with you. However, it is the out of state and polite drivers that cause the most problems as they don't abide by the local rules of the road. People expect you to dart into any possible opening when merging for example. Traffic backs up when polite and safe out of state drivers actually wait for a good sized gap or for someone to wave them in. Just yesterday I stopped and tried to wave a lady through a four way stop intersection and she hesitated. The guy behind me was on his horn in about two seconds. Very little violent road rage here though the one finger salute is common. And, yes, he got one from me but only because it was his second offense, he had tooted at me in the previous intersection because I stopped at a crosswalk to let school kids cross. Boston driving is not for the faint of heart.
I drove there back in 06 on the way to the falls in ny.

/ Driving a pickup #18  
I have an '02 King Ranch crew cab that I bought new. I love it...living on a acreage, there is always some light hauling to do. Gas mileage is about 15, and it is not the easiest thing to maneuver in traffic and park, but I like it. I have driven a pickup since 1983 and it suits my purpose. Sharn Jean drives a Mazda CX 5. It is a peppy little thing that handles like a dream; turns on a dime and fits into almost any small parking space with ease. Has the back-up camera, but you need it! The rear vision is almost non existent. First thing she did was try to back into the garage using the camera and about took the side of the garage off. Takes a little practice. It is indispensable for backing at night.

/ Driving a pickup #19  
Being a Boston driver I have to agree with you. //
Except you aren't a Bostonian, you're a commuter.

Boston isn't even in the Top 10 for road rage (#20). Road rage is the result of all those lovely people who commute into cities from their leafy suburbs.

Pickup trucks used to be the worst offenders for camping in the left hand lane, but that behavior must have been contagious, because now everyone is camped there. It's what George Carlin called the "Idiot/Maniac" dilemma, I guess.

/ Driving a pickup #20  

I wouldn't be able to handle that. If I see more than 8-10 cars driving an hour and a half to scottsbluff I start complaining about traffic. LOL.

Here we have the opposite problem as most drivers are nice so when you get tourists or those darn people from Colorado you can immediately tell as they drive 8 ft off your bumper. I usually just start slowing down until they pass. Sometimes I end up nearly stopping as those city drivers will just follow the car in front of them instead of paying attention.