Driving a pickup

/ Driving a pickup #21  
Thanks for the Carlin. RIP. He got better later IMO. My, he's so young there. And now gone.

I'd say 99% of the population has no concept of safe following distance. But then what do you expect for a mostly brain dead, zombie, dumbed-down population? They need a smart phone, because they haven't got a brain I guess.

I drive maybe 10% above posted speeds, but if I have some moron on my azz, I go slower to make my speed appropriate for the following distance. It just deteriorates from there!

/ Driving a pickup #22  
This is pretty interesting: states with the most-hated drivers and the drivers that hate them the most. Not at all what I expected.

The states with the rudest drivers – and the states that hate them

Most-hated drivers and the states that hate them the most

1. Idaho (Arizona)
2. Washington DC (Maryland)
3. New York (California)
4. Wyoming (Montana)
5. Massachusetts (New Hampshire)
6. Delaware (tie) (Georgia)
6. Vermont (California)
8. New Jersey (New York)
9. Nevada (California)
10. Utah (California)

When it comes to hatin', California is #1, with the "most hatred" of nine other states. Texas is a distant second with four.

When it comes to most hated cars, BMW dominates with 41%. Audi us second at 13% and Honda 10%.

When it comes to worst drivers by # of accidents, Massachusetts is the big loser. Of 200 "urban areas," MA has three in the bottom 10.

190 New Haven, CT
191 San Francisco, CA
192 Philadelphia, PA
193 Los Angeles, CA
194 Providence, RI
195 Glendale, CA
196 Springfield, MA
197 Washington, DC
198 Baltimore, MD
199 Worcester, MA
200 Boston, MA

/ Driving a pickup #23  
   / Driving a pickup #26  
Since I live up North I see a lot of Ill. Plates driving around here. I wish there was a way to keep Illinois drivers out of Wisconson!!! If your going 60 on a 55 road that's not good enough for them they try to get you to go faster and get right on your bumper I just slow down! Then they pass me like there in a race. Also Mn. Drivers are the same.

/ Driving a pickup #27  
This is pretty interesting: states with the most-hated drivers and the drivers that hate them the most. Not at all what I expected.

The states with the rudest drivers – and the states that hate them

Most-hated drivers and the states that hate them the most

1. Idaho (Arizona)
2. Washington DC (Maryland)
3. New York (California)
4. Wyoming (Montana)
5. Massachusetts (New Hampshire)
6. Delaware (tie) (Georgia)
6. Vermont (California)
8. New Jersey (New York)
9. Nevada (California)
10. Utah (California)

When it comes to hatin', California is #1, with the "most hatred" of nine other states. Texas is a distant second with four.

When it comes to most hated cars, BMW dominates with 41%. Audi us second at 13% and Honda 10%.

When it comes to worst drivers by # of accidents, Massachusetts is the big loser. Of 200 "urban areas," MA has three in the bottom 10.

190 New Haven, CT
191 San Francisco, CA
192 Philadelphia, PA
193 Los Angeles, CA
194 Providence, RI
195 Glendale, CA
196 Springfield, MA
197 Washington, DC
198 Baltimore, MD
199 Worcester, MA
200 Boston, MA

I think it important to note that California has a very large Asian population which contributes to those numbers quite a bit. One day all they've ever driven is an Ox cart or bicycle, the next day they're driving a car on a California freeway. The rules also vary by location in this, state. What they do as normal practice in SF will get you run over or even shot in LA.

How do you blind a Chinaman? Put a windshield in front of him of course. The CHP even has a special code for driving while oriental DWO. I've seen it myself from having worked in a mostly chinese company. We imported many engineers from china and they'd spend their lunch hour practicing by driving around and around the building. The drivers in Shanghai are absolutely insane and terrifying. Lanes mean nothing to them, lanes are mere suggestions as long a traffic is moving but when traffic stops it's every man and every lane for himself regardless of direction. The Philippines and Thailand were interesting to watch but at least I managed to survive there. While the French and Italians may have earned a reputation they don't hold a candle to Asian drivers, at least not anywhere in Asia that I've seen.

/ Driving a pickup #28  
I've seen a lot of crazy drivers in my world travels. Nothing compares to Russians. I had a Russian cab driver in Moscow get frustrated by traffic and 1) drive in the incoming lane while honking at cars coming towards us, then 2) go up on the sidewalk when the incoming lane clogged up and 3) finally just drive through the middle of a public park.

Made me realize how the Ruskies in T34s swarmed all over the Panthers and Tigers. Just nuts.

/ Driving a pickup #29  
I've seen a lot of crazy drivers in my world travels. Nothing compares to Russians. I had a Russian cab driver in Moscow get frustrated by traffic and 1) drive in the incoming lane while honking at cars coming towards us, then 2) go up on the sidewalk when the incoming lane clogged up and 3) finally just drive through the middle of a public park.

Made me realize how the Ruskies in T34s swarmed all over the Panthers and Tigers. Just nuts.

Driving against traffic is SOP in Shanghai, even the busses do it. I had a driver so didn't drive there myself but often rode with my eyes closed tight. The only way I'd take it on would be in an M1 Abrams tank. I had a taxi driver in Manila miss my hotel so he just swerved over the raised planted center divide and executed a U turn right in the middle of Roxas Blvd while we were bouncing off the roof of the cab. Then he swerved across the opposite four lanes and came to a screeching stop at the front door. I'd used to set up on top of the hotel and watch the traffic back up at the lights on Roxas Blvd. What was four lanes became at least eight with a mixture of cars, jeepneys, horse drawn calesas, pedi cabs and busses all squeezed together across the intersection. Then the light would change and they were off to the race. If driving down a two lane highway there and one driver is trying to pass, ever who gets his headlights on first has the right of way. The other driver either brakes and hopes to get out of the way in time or takes a ditch.
I never tried Russia but it sounds interesting. Finland was as close as I got but they were civilized.

/ Driving a pickup #30  
Perhaps it's just me, but West Virginia spoiled me for small pick up trucks. Most of the places I use to go you could never get there in a full size truck unless you dented the heck out of it.