Driving a pickup

/ Driving a pickup #1  

tcreeley

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TC30
I bought my first Chevy Silverado in 1993. I am on my second. Tough trucks, handle well, and fun to drive. My current truck, a 2003 4x4 2500HD WT Silverado has done its share of work, wood, plowing, highway driving, hauling. Even hit a deer up front and been hit by another. Never stopped, going 50 at the time. Deer was there then gone.
On the road I always figure if I am in an accident, the other guy will be calling the tow truck, I won't need one. - Driving in Boston, no big deal - people make room because I am driving a pickup- and it's not even the biggest.

I stumbled across this pic. Thought it was a smart car and a van until I looked closely and read the caption.
Silverado and a tractor trailer. Seems like the pickup cut the guy off, the rest is pretty clear.

Capturfffffffffffffffffffe.JPG

/ Driving a pickup #3  
I stumbled across this pic. Thought it was a smart car and a van until I looked closely and read the caption.
Silverado and a tractor trailer. Seems like the pickup cut the guy off, the rest is pretty clear.

View attachment 481890
That's about as "wadded up" a vehicle as I've ever seen. I expect there were no survivors from that Silverado.

/ Driving a pickup #4  
I've never been a fan of pickup trucks. I understand their utility, just never wanted one. As my wife and I took over her grandmother's farm, though, we ended up buying an '03 F-150 for use around here. I admit that it's nice not having to drive my car or her SUV into town to get fuel for the mowers and tractor, which is never the best idea.

/ Driving a pickup #5  
Trying to find the story of the photo, this is what Google decided it was:

wife.jpg

Bruce

/ Driving a pickup #7  
I've never been a fan of pickup trucks. I understand their utility, just never wanted one. As my wife and I took over her grandmother's farm, though, we ended up buying an '03 F-150 for use around here. I admit that it's nice not having to drive my car or her SUV into town to get fuel for the mowers and tractor, which is never the best idea.

If you live 'rural' a ute is indispensable. I've got a Toyota Hylux petrol V6 extended cab that comes in mighty handy. I'm not a fan of 'crew cab' utes as the box size is reduced... a round of hay fits nicely in the back of a full box and I've got plenty of grunt to haul it.

As a matter of fact, this arvo I'll head out to grab 16 squares = no need to tow a float as the ute itself will manage it all.

/ Driving a pickup #9  
IMG_2337.JPGIMG_1507.JPG
Me and my dad both have duramaxs, his is the dulley, mine is the white one. Both very needed on the farm. His is not his daily driver but yet he still drives it and uses it everyday. I drive mine daily and pull with it a few times a week and constantly hauling something with it. Issue with mine is me being 18 years old every kid and older adult think I drive it for show but it is entirely a work truck. Some people just don't get that

/ Driving a pickup #10  
DSC04363.JPG

I'm driving this rental as my 08 Duramax is in the shop for hail damage. Nice driving truck! Takes pot holes better then my 3/4 ton. But the steering is so freakishly sensitive.

Not one for gimmicks, but the backup camera makes me back up like a pro! Shows two green lines that move in an arc when you turn the wheel, indicating where you are headed. Great, until it screws up!