Helping neighbors

/ Helping neighbors #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
Anyone do work for neighbors like mowing yards, weed eating etc. without asking?

/ Helping neighbors #2  
Only when they are sick and can't do it for themself or age has taken over.

/ Helping neighbors #3  
Only when there is clear need. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable having a neighbor come over and mow my lawn without saying anything. If I was in the hospital for a few weeks, I would certainly be appreciative.

/ Helping neighbors #4  
I've a very nice neighbor, widowed for years. Several years ago she was having a hard time finding someone to mow her yard, so I've been mowing it for her.

The neighbor that lives behind me will mow my back yard when he's mowing his if he thinks it needs it.

Good neighbors are a treasure, if you don't believe that, wait until a bad one moves in next to you

/ Helping neighbors #5  
Usually just snow plowing in the winter.
I need to do my private road so I just do all the driveways along the way too.

Both have offered to pay at times but I just pass on it.

/ Helping neighbors #6  
I had the best neighbor a man could ask for. I mowed his yard when he had back trouble...as I recall, I just did it without asking. We were that close. I loved him like a father...I actually wept when they moved.

Funny story. He had a tree in his back yard that had died, and I cut it down and cut it up in fireplace sized lengths, stacked them neatly, thinking I would get my trailer, haul them home and burn them in my fireplace. I got the rake, raked up the chips and took them to the creek. He came out, thanked me for taking down the tree...he looked at the stack of wood, and said: "Don't worry about those" he said, pointing to the logs, "I'll burn them in my fireplace". I smiled, said "You're welcome...any time" and went home happy. Wonderful man; may he RIP.

My present neighbors leave a lot to be desired.

/ Helping neighbors #7  
Same out look as Leejohn,will plow snow also.

/ Helping neighbors #9  
Not now, they are to far away. But when I lived in town I cleared the snow off the sidewalks, both sides of the road for a city block.

I enjoyed doing it so I never asked for permission and never received thanks.

/ Helping neighbors #10  
I did it for a neighbor that lost her husband suddenly.