I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
I had a confrontation with a trespasser earlier this week. It could have gone sideways in so many ways, I'm surprised I'm still here.

It would have been great if I had been videotaping it, but I wasn't. Bad on me.

Hence, I need a Go-Pro-type video camera that I can mount to my RTV or any other vehicle (like my tractor).

What do you guys have and what do you recommend?

Thanks,

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #2  
I have a Taurus 9mm

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV
I open carry a .44 Magnum and have an AR in the RTV. Neither is the solution I'm looking for nor obviously did it make any difference last Sunday.

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #4  
Rig up a phone mount that you can, in the same mount, use as a dash recorder.

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #5  
FTG,

Sorry I have no experience with Go-Pro's (although I want one, just too pricey.) If the police got called, I've been told the first one to call usually has more credence in any investigation. I once had a guy approach me at a car wash. He was cursing me loudly saying I had cut in line. (There weren't any lines and his vehicle was parked at the edge of the lot while he was talking with somebody.) Just as quickly, he got this startled look and ran away. I immediately called the police and explained what had happened. The officer took a report but I never heard another word.

On the Go-Pro's, I'd love to have one that functions as a body cam. I would love to be able to share some hunting moments with friends. (They seem to love my stories, just wish they could see what happened. Wild animals are so cool even if I don't take the shot.)

Hopefully the guy didn't call the cops and is now accusing you of something that didn't happen. Good luck.

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #6  
foscam makes a go-pro like camera. I think it was under $100. Haven't bought one, but thinking about it.

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #7  
BirdHunter has a good idea. Maybe an extra trail camera with a large SD card. Set the defaults to video and switch it on as an encounter starts. A little less conspicuous than a phone maybe.

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #8  
I don't know why people think cameras are the answer to everything.

Great. Now your spouse and the authorities can gain a clearer insight as to how you died. That's if the perps didn't make off with your equipment.

Man. Those were the good old days when you could drive around here in an RAV (Rapid Assault Vehicle) ,basically a cammoed VW dune buggy. Armed to the teeth with an AR (or H&K), 870 and a 9 (or .45)!

/ I need an anti-trespasser Go-Pro for my RTV #10  
Strategically placed game cameras will document the trespassing so you won't need to have these confrontations. They also provide great evidence when you contact law enforcement.

I'd think a body camera might be more useful for what you are talking about during a confrontation. But I would personally avoid that if at all possible. Too many things can go wrong.