Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #1  

2ndhalf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Gravely ZT HD 60, MF GC2400
On October 3, 2016, Bass Pro Shops announced an agreement to acquire Cabela's for 5.5 Billion USD.

Interesting... was on the Cabela's Wiki and saw this

Cabela's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You guys remember when Cabelas, Bass Pro, F&S and Gander Mountain were all mail order?

I remember getting all of their Mail Order catalogs as a kid in the 70s. I loved lookng at their catalogs but never had a lot to spend on their stuff. I was pulling into a F&S yesterday and told my wife that. I had all their catalogs as a kid. It is actully very cool to see all of these companies that only had a magazine in the 70s; now in bricks and mortar.

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas
Forbes...

Forbes Welcome

"Its not immediately clear if jobs will be lost"... I think it is clear.

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #3  
Forbes...

Forbes Welcome

"Its not immediately clear if jobs will be lost"... I think it is clear.

Of course jobs will be lost. Jobs are always lost in corporate mergers as there is always duplication in functions and costs can always be cut by elimination of these duplications. It would be a total disservice to the shareholders if jobs were not cut.

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #4  
My grandparents lived in Sidney Nebraska and as a kid, I remember going down town to the original Cabelas store before they had mail order. It's amazing to think of that store back then and how it transformed into 5 billion dollars.

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #5  
Wasn't it Duck Dynasty. that put Bass Pro on the top, quack quack.................

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #6  
I don't know what this is going great going to do good or bad

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #7  
I don't know what this is going great going to do good or bad
I don't think their respective territories overlap that much (BassPro largely southern, Cabela's in the north). Gander Mountain may be at risk though.

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #8  
On October 3, 2016, Bass Pro Shops announced an agreement to acquire Cabela's for 5.5 Billion USD.

Interesting... was on the Cabela's Wiki and saw this

Cabela's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You guys remember when Cabelas, Bass Pro, F&S and Gander Mountain were all mail order?

I remember getting all of their Mail Order catalogs as a kid in the 70s. I loved lookng at their catalogs but never had a lot to spend on their stuff. I was pulling into a F&S yesterday and told my wife that. I had all their catalogs as a kid. It is actully very cool to see all of these companies that only had a magazine in the 70s; now in bricks and mortar.
I can beat that...many of us might remember "Herter's" and that massive catalogue they used to send out. Everything from all the tiny parts needed to build fishing lures to guns and ammo.

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #9  
My grandparents lived in Sidney Nebraska and as a kid, I remember going down town to the original Cabelas store before they had mail order. It's amazing to think of that store back then and how it transformed into 5 billion dollars.

when I was a kid I went with my Dad up to Chappel Nebraska and went with him in to the very first, store they had, before they were even in Sidney, it was in back of the guy house in a small building in the alley, they had advertised in "Fur Fish and Game" magazine.

If they close down a lot of the Sidney headquarters that town will really suffer, the town nearly blew way when the ordnance depot closed in the 60's,

/ Bass Pro Shops to Acquire Cabelas #10  
I can beat that...many of us might remember "Herter's" and that massive catalogue they used to send out. Everything from all the tiny parts needed to build fishing lures to guns and ammo.

I spent many an hour with my nose buried in that catalog when I was a kid. Herters in Waseca MN.