How's your hand strength.

/ How's your hand strength. #2  
I just went and gave the bathroom scale a try (with both hands). I got to 150. I used to be able to max out a 250 lb. one when I was younger (about 20). I remember playing that game with my brother. I am afraid that osteoarthritis has taken its toll. I probably haven't tried to squeeze a scale in 30 years. I am a little ashamed to even publish my paltry result.

/ How's your hand strength. #3  
My brother and I both worked on a farm for 2 years before college.
I was on the farm 14 years after my brother, I had power steering tractors,,, etc.
BUT,, I moved a LOT of hay.

30 years ago, I could peg any bathroom scale with both hands, my brother could hit 250 with his left hand.
His left hand has always been crazy strong after spending two winters running an Allis Chalmers HD10.
The AC had manual clutches, pull with your left hand to steer.

I have a millennial SIL,, he recently purchased 13 acres with their home.
I have watched as he has developed hand/arm strength this past year.

He developed an interest in getting stronger after reading that it appears that the people who do not develop strength young are most susceptible to Alzheimer disease.

/ How's your hand strength. #4  
I think it's safe to say that mine is nowhere near what it was 50 years ago when I was in my 20's!!

/ How's your hand strength. #5  
You guys should see my wife, she can squeeze a dime out of a nickel. And me into behaving...

/ How's your hand strength. #6  
I just went and gave the bathroom scale a try (with both hands). I got to 150. I used to be able to max out a 250 lb. one when I was younger (about 20). I remember playing that game with my brother. I am afraid that osteoarthritis has taken its toll. I probably haven't tried to squeeze a scale in 30 years. I am a little ashamed to even publish my paltry result.

I don't ever recall squeezing a scale before but had to go and try it. I got 220 with both hands and I also have arthritis. I have noticed in past few months I've met a few 20-30 something year olds that came to my house and bought some items I had on CL. I remember introducing myself and shaking their hand upon arrival. Each time I thought I was shaking hands with a woman. They had such a weak grip so I agree there is something to this. I'm 64, 6' and 220 lbs. Height and weight haven't changed in past 30 years. Worked on a farm in my teen years then after a brief stint for Uncle Sam went on to bldg. maintenance and automotive work for next 40 plus years.

/ How's your hand strength. #7  
Whoa!! My scales are electronic and won't do the squeeze thing. I know, however, I'd be real lucky to squeeze 100 the way may hands are now.

/ How's your hand strength. #8  
I don't ever recall squeezing a scale before but had to go and try it. I got 220 with both hands and I also have arthritis. I have noticed in past few months I've met a few 20-30 something year olds that came to my house and bought some items I had on CL. I remember introducing myself and shaking their hand upon arrival. Each time I thought I was shaking hands with a woman. They had such a weak grip so I agree there is something to this. I'm 64, 6' and 220 lbs. Height and weight haven't changed in past 30 years. Worked on a farm in my teen years then after a brief stint for Uncle Sam went on to bldg. maintenance and automotive work for next 40 plus years.

We have hand shaking time durning church - your sure are right about the soft grip - learn to shake hands.

I am 54 and we hired a 19 year old on our construction crew; weakest kid I ever saw - I would rather have had my daughter(a school teacher).

/ How's your hand strength. #9  
Wait till you got to use an opener on a twist top!