Hunting mods for ATV

/ Hunting mods for ATV #1  

bbradford

Tractor
1993 Ford 1920
Hey everyone! Its about time to get back out in the stands! Just out of curiosity, have any of yall added things to your ATV that have made hunting easier? So you can carrier things to and from the stand or whatever??

/ Hunting mods for ATV #2  
Dunno about ATV's (yet) but friends have all added front/rear racks and use boxes and bungee cords. Found some plastic "milk-crates" at WalMart ($3.50 each) and used them on a recent fishing trip. Lightweight, pretty much open design so water drains, comfortable hand holes and they are stackable. This time of year you are probably think bow so I'll leave that to you...I still utilize a hard-case and I guess bungee cords would be a necessity.

/ Hunting mods for ATV
Yeah I had thought about milk crates, but found a sweet deal on craigslist today for a hitch receiver cargo carrier and Im picking that up later in the week; should make it alot easier to transfer everything to and from the stand.

/ Hunting mods for ATV #4  
4 wheelers are kinda like training wheels out here. Good for people who are too lazy to actually get further than a mile from the truck by walking. I drag logs across trails to keep the lazy SOB's form driving in the non motorized areas. Guys are always driving them illegally to pick up game as well because they are too lazy to pack one out.

/ Hunting mods for ATV #5  
How do you know hes not handicapped ?

/ Hunting mods for ATV #6  
I am disabled and if I don't use a UTV/ATV I can't hunt. I know several in the same condition. When I was able, I preferred walking though.

/ Hunting mods for ATV #7  
4 wheelers are kinda like training wheels out here. Good for people who are too lazy to actually get further than a mile from the truck by walking. I drag logs across trails to keep the lazy SOB's form driving in the non motorized areas. Guys are always driving them illegally to pick up game as well because they are too lazy to pack one out.

A little off topic, dont you think?

/ Hunting mods for ATV #8  
Where we hunted moose in Alaska it was a one way, 35 mile ride on our ATVs. The "mods' we ALWAYS had were: a large white sheet to completely cover you as you sat on your ATV. We hunted the late season and there was usually a foot of snow. And we took a bottle of something to keep us warm as we sat on our ATVs, freezing our a**.

/ Hunting mods for ATV #9  
roadhunter - really?? What happened, did you sit on a burr that day? There are numerous legitimate reasons a person could be using an ATV to hunt - think about it.