GPS

/ GPS #1  

Toyboy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230D
Good morning fellas,
I've been hooked on using Garmin GPS's for a couple years now. I have one mounted in the boat (GPSMap 531), which is invaluable when fishing Canada's Lake of the Woods. I also have a hand held portable (GPSMap 78) which I use when elk or moose hunting along with my compass for back up. Both of these units take the Lake/Area specific micro sd cards and can be switched between them. Very handy indeed.

I've also got two for the vehicles, a (nuvi 52) and a (Drive Smart 50). The drive Smart 50 has all the bells & whistles you could use, Bluetooth, traffic update, school zones,voice controlled, etc. The more I use them the handier I find them to be.

One thing I really like about Garmin, is they answer their phones and their in Kansas. Really nice people to work with.

Anyone else on here turning into a GPS junkie? :D

/ GPS #2  
Don't need these modern toys to find my way I do it the old way.

/ GPS #3  
Good morning fellas,
I've been hooked on using Garmin GPS's for a couple years now. I have one mounted in the boat (GPSMap 531), which is invaluable when fishing Canada's Lake of the Woods. I also have a hand held portable (GPSMap 78) which I use when elk or moose hunting along with my compass for back up. Both of these units take the Lake/Area specific micro sd cards and can be switched between them. Very handy indeed.

I've also got two for the vehicles, a (nuvi 52) and a (Drive Smart 50). The drive Smart 50 has all the bells & whistles you could use, Bluetooth, traffic update, school zones,voice controlled, etc. The more I use them the handier I find them to be.

One thing I really like about Garmin, is they answer their phones and their in Kansas. Really nice people to work with.

Anyone else on here turning into a GPS junkie? :D

We gave our old Garmin Nuvi to the daughter many years ago. We use the smart phone to navigate to our clients locations. There is one built into the Chrysler, but we never use it. It is so easy to speak a few words into the phone and get turn by turn voice guidance as well as the scrolling map. It is just one of a thousand things a smart phone can do. It is truly the "tri-corder" that we all grew up with on star trek.

/ GPS #4  

Not really a need but if sure makes life a lot easier! I often fly or drive in and out of different cities and sometimes on extremely short notice so with a GPS soon as I am wheels down and I can get on my way. Truly a handy device!

I do the same as kOua and use a phone (iPhone 99% of the time) for on road navigation as it seems pretty accurate most of the time.

/ GPS #5  
You never hear of anyone stopping for directions anymore.I like the GPS's,the one on my boat is worth it's weight in gold when night fishing.

/ GPS #6  
I use mine all the time when I'm driving out of my normal area. I've got one in each of our two vehicles and an older one I just kept as a spare.

/ GPS #7  
I use google maps on a smartphone. Makes it easy to find your destination in unfamiliar places. Scrolling map plus turn by turn directions over the truck sound system. Finding my way through maze of one way streets in downtown Sacramento a piece of cake. Or anywhere in the Bay Area. Also used it to find motels when traveling cross country. Could not be easier. Looked at Garmin products a couple times but no value added for my purposes.

/ GPS #8  
Had one that mounted to the windshield. Now I just use the phone. However if you live or are going way out in the boonies where cell service is spotty one of these types would be necessary. Certainly out boating it is a very good idea.

/ GPS #9  
And how is that do tell?Road maps?Stopping at the first gas station you see & ask for directions? I hate change but I do love my Garmin with GPS..

/ GPS #10  
And how is that do tell?Road maps?Stopping at the first gas station you see & ask for directions? I hate change but I do love my Garmin with GPS..
Most men are born with a sense of direction.