What's going on at Amazon?

/ What's going on at Amazon? #1  

CCWKen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford-3910, JD-420C, Kenbota-Custom, IH-2606
I placed two orders last week with about five items in each order. All the items except for one were "sold and fulfilled" by Amazon and the only item I've received so far is the one item NOT from Amazon. I've been getting daily emails stating they've shipped an item. They can't be making any money paying shipping all that stuff separately. They must have a bunch of part timers working for the holidays that can only pick one item a day and ship it. This is the longest I've waited for anything from Amazon. I usually get stuff the next day or at least by the third day. I wonder if they're trying to get everybody on "Prime"?

Rant over. :confused2:

/ What's going on at Amazon? #2  
Doubt they have any part timers. From what I've seen on TV, orders are fulfilled without any human touching them.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #3  
I placed two orders last week with about five items in each order. All the items except for one were "sold and fulfilled" by Amazon and the only item I've received so far is the one item NOT from Amazon. I've been getting daily emails stating they've shipped an item. They can't be making any money paying shipping all that stuff separately. They must have a bunch of part timers working for the holidays that can only pick one item a day and ship it. This is the longest I've waited for anything from Amazon. I usually get stuff the next day or at least by the third day. I wonder if they're trying to get everybody on "Prime"?

Same here been ordering for years (non prime) and always received my items faster than expected, but lately I believe the are purposely slowing down the (non prime) orders, IMO.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #4  
I found that being a "Prime" member has lots of advantages.Free and fast shipping,lots of free music and movies.If you order a lot from Amazon I believe it's worth it.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #5  
Not exactly purposely in the individual sense. For economy purposes, at this time of year, I suspect that they are holding everything for a given region and only shipping certain regions on certain days so that they are much closer to full truckloads rather than the onesie-twosie shipments that Prime customers are afforded. I could be way off base, but if my total number of orders goes up and my total shipping cost would skyrocket (shipping small shipments) then I could recoup or maintain my margins by cutting the cost of my shipping for a moderate delay in delivery to 'non-loyal' non-Prime customers.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #6  

I gave up on Amazon a couple of years ago and moved most of my business to EBay. Much better service and better prices too. Before moving along I'd sent Amazon several emails about their sag in service. lost and unfulfilled orders, higher prices etc. but apparently they just don't give a squat. They are too busy taking peoples money just for being a customer though their Prime program. It'll be a cold day in hades before I pay anyone just to do business with them. DUH!! I might be crazy but I'm certainly not stupid.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #7  
I found that being a "Prime" member has lots of advantages.Free and fast shipping,lots of free music and movies.If you order a lot from Amazon I believe it's worth it.
Prime is on sale today for $79 for new subscribers, too. It also entitles you to free movies, music, etc.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #8  

Funny thing I get most of that without paying anything from EBay. That plus no taxes which is no longer true for Amazon plus lower prices as a general rule. IMHO Amazon Prime is for suckers. Nothing on you in particular as my wife is a Prime member too but she has never been what ya'd call real bright that way.

/ What's going on at Amazon? #9  
Prime is on sale today for $79 for new subscribers, too. It also entitles you to free movies, music, etc.

Mine states; for 11/18 which is tomorrow. I may consider joining.