2016 College Football Season and Playoff

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #1  

roadhunter

Elite Member
Tractor
JCB 212SU
Any college football fans on here?

I figured with all the craziness that has gone on this season and with the regular season rolling to an end we might need a place to talk college football. It sure seems that Bama is going to be hard to beat with all the undefeated teams going down last weekend. I'm thinking this might be the wildest playoff pick ever, especially if there is an upset in one of the conference championship games.

This has been an interesting season as I am from Wyoming and lived in Laramie so I always root for the Cowboys and it seem like they are finally figuring things out. I attended OU and graduated from Oklahoma State so I always root for them as well.

Who are your teams?
Any thoughts on the playoff spots besides Bama?
Looks like it's going to be a wild off season for coaches as well. Will be interesting to see where Miles ends up.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #2  
The Wolverines. Count on surprises from Harbaugh.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff
Going to be interesting to see where Michigan ends up through all this madness after tOSU game.

Seems like there are no shortage of scenarios this season compared to last year which was pretty straightforward. Heck the Big 10 has 4-5 schools who all think they have a shot at this point. I am expecting an upset in one of the conference championship games this year which should really be interesting for the committee.

One interesting thing this week is there isn't a single team from Texas in the AP top 25.

Heisman also seems to be more wide open than we though a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
   / 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #4  
Kind of odd that the one potential Big Ten team in the final 4 didn't win their own conference.

Kind of odd that the one potential Big Ten team in the final 4 didn't win their own conference.

So true. If PSU wins the conference it will be even more difficult to choose at that point with PSU having won the head to head with TOSU as well as the B1G championship game that week.

I remember a couple of years ago TCU was in the top 4 the final week of the rankings but fell out after the CCG's were played so that could certainly happen if PSU, Bama, Washington, and Clemson all win convincingly.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #6  

It's worse than that. There are still 2 Big 10 teams with a shot at the national championship (OSU and U of M) and neither of them is in the conference championship game. In the case of Michigan, they have beaten both teams that are playing for the championship. I guess that would be called "parity" and it's made the Big 10 more interesting all season.

I'd say Michigan is pretty much out at this point. The winner of the B1G championship game will have a great shot, as will tOSU, but I don't see how Michigan gets in unless there were 3 B1G teams in the 4 team playoff which isn't going to happen IMO.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #8  
No one knows how they will make the actual decision, but as I understand it, if Colorado beats Washington, Michigan should be in because they will have defeated Colorado and both teams in the Big 10 playoff. But in reality it will all happen in a smoke filled room based on what will result in the maximum TV viewership.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #9  
2016 Notre Dame season is O-V-E-R!

Also, rumors from sources at the airport say Brian Kelly has boarded a plane for Oregon today!

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #10  
2016 Notre Dame season is O-V-E-R!

Also, rumors from sources at the airport say Brian Kelly has boarded a plane for Oregon today!

Good for Notre Dame, not so much for Oregon. Paul Finebaum (SEC analyist, ESPN) called him a "miserable human being" on how he handles his players and staff. I think that was just a tad over the top statement however, Kelly doesn't create a positive approach to issues as a coach. He just blows up and throws a tantrum. Its hard for anyone to improve performance with that behavior.