Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
Since the original thread was locked (located here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/371791-nothing-warms-my-heart-more.html ), I thought I'd start another thread to keep everyone posted on how the deer shooting season and the next door Trespassing Slob Hunters (TSH) are doing this year. Hopefully this thread won't get hijacked and subsequently locked.

As noted above in the previous thread, they haven't been seen since the previous Friday (Nov. 11) when I instituted my new Anti-Trespassing policy on my property. I decided to do this after a very negative confrontation with one of the TSH on Oct. 2 of this year. As a result of this confrontation, I decided to take a very active role in persuading these TSH to find some where else to hunt as opposed to benign neglect, which was my previous policy; as long as they stayed off my property, I'd just shun and ignore them.

First, I started a police report with the Sheriff's office. 2nd was to consult with my lawyer about having the Oct. 2 trespasser charged with trespassing in criminal court. (That was a no-go due to a) no witnesses and b) no video.) Third was to implement a new Anti-Trespassing Policy (ATP) on my property.

Basically, the ATP has me checking on my six nonexistent and bogus game cameras spread along my property from where the TSHs are coming from and doing detailed property boundary checks with my very noisy RTV. Since these bogus cameras and property boundary checks occur while the TSHs are hunting, and the total area they hunt in is only 120 yards by 140 yards, you can probably guess that it *might* interfere with their hunting for that day. The bonus on this is that the TSHs travel at least three hours (both ways) to get here so they can hunt. Hence, the title of my previous TSH thread.

Ok, now that everyone is up to speed, here is this weekends report on the TSH: TN Deer Gun Season started last Saturday (Nov. 18). The TSHs didn't show either Saturday or today. That tells me they have somewhere else to hunt. It could be either AL or TN since gun season starts the same day in both states (the Sat. before Thanksgiving). Don't really care which one or where as long as it's not here.

And in other good news, a friend of mine came to visit me yesterday AM at O Dark Thirty. We placed ourselves in my newly constructed Taj Mahal at the bottom of my hill and at approximately 15 minutes after legal shooting hour started, I got my first deer with my new Ruger American 7mm-08. DRT; hardly even wriggled. It's also the first deer I've shot since I quit deer hunting in 2005.

About 45 minutes later, got her cousin up on side of my hill. Spine shot at 175 yards, so required a follow-up shot to finish her. TN bag limits for doe are three/day, so we could have got one more, but decided two was enough for this weekend. I'll get him and his family another two next weekend.

All in all, a pretty good weekend.

Let's hear your trespasser stories and how you've successfully (hopefully) dealt with them.

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #2  
My fantasy ; Give the deer guns. I'd bet the hunting would diminish to almost 0. Of course, there would be folks who would
hunt anyway. But not too many.

Cheers.....Coffeeman

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #3  
Something to keep in mind is how your location may look at your acts as interfering with a legal hunt.

Here is TN.

SEO - Tennessee Hunter Harassment Law

The last paragraph seems to put you in the clear.

"(c) No provision of this part shall be construed to prohibit or otherwise restrict any landowner, tenant, or employee of a landowner from engaging in normal activities on or normal use of the land or property, and such activities or use shall not be deemed unlawful pursuant to any provision of this part. No provision of this part shall be construed so as to interfere with the right of the landowner to prohibit trespass upon the landowner's property by any person. "

Bruce

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #4  
Let's hear your trespasser stories and how you've successfully (hopefully) dealt with them.

Found a big Whitetail buck on my property with head missing and body left to rot. :mad: After that put up several prominent No Trespassing/Will Prosecute signs, no problems since.

My fantasy ; Give the deer guns. I'd bet the hunting would diminish to almost 0. Of course, there would be folks who would

Good plan. :rotfl: The animals are never consulted before the humans pass laws to "harvest" (aka defenselessly slaughter) them.

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #5  

Cheers.....Coffeeman
I heard testimony at the Massachusetts State House to the effect that no hardwood saplings have grown in the Western part of the state since 1999: the deer eat everything. They also spread Lyme disease ticks, which is a very nasty and debilitating disease.

Hence their nickname, "Long-legged rats."

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #6  

Cheers.....Coffeeman

Are you a vegetarian?

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #7  
I heard testimony at the Massachusetts State House to the effect that no hardwood saplings have grown in the Western part of the state since 1999: the deer eat everything. They also spread Lyme disease ticks, which is a very nasty and debilitating disease.

Hence their nickname, "Long-legged rats."

Interesting thoughts. In 60s & 70s I never heard of lyme. Did I just not hear of cases or is lyme a new thing? I'm thinking ;
Maybe since outlawing generous use of DDT lyme was able to thrive because I suspect the poison would have killed ticks.
Have no facts, just supposition?

So often science changes.

Cheers.

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #8  
Around here deer are so thick that we have certain plants that are now endangered. Here in my county it would appear you can harvest 5 deer per season. There are counties where 10 are allowed.

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II
Something to keep in mind is how your location may look at your acts as interfering with a legal hunt.

Here is TN.

SEO - Tennessee Hunter Harassment Law

The last paragraph seems to put you in the clear.

"(c) No provision of this part shall be construed to prohibit or otherwise restrict any landowner, tenant, or employee of a landowner from engaging in normal activities on or normal use of the land or property, and such activities or use shall not be deemed unlawful pursuant to any provision of this part. No provision of this part shall be construed so as to interfere with the right of the landowner to prohibit trespass upon the landowner's property by any person. "

Bruce

The TSHs have a documented history of trespassing and violating state game laws going back over two years; and that's only what I know. The probability of them calling the sheriff or Game Warden on me is less than the probability of them respecting a property boundary.

Color me worried - not one bit.

/ Tresspassing Slob Hunters, Part II #10  

Cheers.....Coffeeman
My fantasy is to kill the deer that ran in front of my truck 2 weeks ago and fubared it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 252