Dogs and neighbors.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #1  

PJ The Kid

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jubilee, VAC, 7000, Cub, 1840,
I have a bit of an issue. I have 2 dogs, both super sweet. One being a 2 year old Jack Russel, and the other being a 2 year old 1/2 Rottweiler, 1/2 Great Pyrenees. The Big dog has to stay on a wireless perimeter because he likes to roam if not. But the Jack loves to hunt in the timber around my land and up to the road. Now for the dilemma, the neighbor across the road has some younger sons, and they started calling her across the road to play with her, which isn't right but hey, if they're gonna play fetch with her it's not a big deal. Until they pop her with a BB gun to send her home when they are done. Now the same neighbor has chickens and rabbits and is complaining about my dog getting after them, which may be true, but he has never directly caught her in the act. Also I have watched my own chickens chase this dog around. He has now confronted my wife in a manner which I do not appreciate, knowing I was not home, and threatened to shoot my dog if the problem persists, to which I say, If you legitimately catch her in the act, go for it. But remember it was your kids that called her over there to begin with. The same neighbor has a dog that gets out of its perimeter collar and roams the neighborhood and is know for being mean. Am I right in my way of thinking, if he shoots my dog, his dog goes too?

/ Dogs and neighbors. #2  
Fist off if they shot the dog with a be gun to make it leave then that's the problem right there! I would go confront this guy and tell him face to face if you kill my dog I would tell him don't do it or you will be sorry.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #3  
Simple, tell them to tell their kids not to call your dog. Keep your dog on your property. Problems solved.

I fenced our yard in for our dog (pit). He's a great dog doesn't bother a thing. Our neighbor has a yapping dog, that's what I call small dogs. Every now and then the neighbors dog gets loose and tries to get in our fence. I feel sorry for the yapper if it ever succeeds. I fenced our yard to keep our dog in, not to keep their dog out. Anything comes through our fence it's not our fault.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #5  
Issues with neighbors are so frustrating. I'd recommend trying everything possible not to escalate the situation.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #6  
Issues with neighbors are so frustrating. I'd recommend trying everything possible not to escalate the situation.

:thumbsup: I agree or you're looking at years of aggravation.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #7  
Simple, tell them to tell their kids not to call your dog. Keep your dog on your property. Problems solved.

I fenced our yard in for our dog (pit). He's a great dog doesn't bother a thing.

Ask them nicely, don't tell them. Agree with keeping your dog on your property. Not everyone appreciates someone else's dog coming around, no matter how "sweet" the owner thinks it is. Granted, the kids "started it" by inviting it over, but they're kids and you're an adult & it looks like things are escalating. Easier to keep the dog tied and be done with it rather than turn it into a feud.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #8  
Ask them nicely, don't tell them. Agree with keeping your dog on your property. Not everyone appreciates someone else's dog coming around, no matter how "sweet" the owner thinks it is. Granted, the kids "started it" by inviting it over, but they're kids and you're an adult & it looks like things are escalating. Easier to keep the dog tied and be done with it rather than turn it into a feud.

We "ask" our neighbors to not feed our pony & goats. They live on the back side of us in a rent house, used to anyway. They said okay, had the pony's feet trimmed a few weeks later and saw fresh carrots laying on the fence brace. Wife went and ask them why they were feeding our animals after "asking" them not to? Neighbor wound up calling the sheriff department on my wife, needless to say the deputy took our side and we never had anymore problems with them. We also have no trespassing signs every 30 feet on our fence. That's why I say tell them. If you ask they can say "no". If the neighbors kids want a dog to play with tell them to get their own dog and keep it in their yard.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #9  

This pretty much says it all.

/ Dogs and neighbors. #10  
Agree with others. Keep your dogs on your property and your problems are solved.