Whats you tax rate at your residence?

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #1  

sw99

Silver Member
Tractor
LS G3038
2.9% here. Curios what other pay around the country.

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #2  
$28.13 per $1.000....2 tax bills year.

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #4  
Mine comes to $3.33 per $1000, my calculator won't give the percentage as it's past two decimal places. Don't think we get a freebee here. Large house, but not fancy on one acre, 20 minutes to a small town is worth about $600,000.00 in Monopoly Money(Canadian) If we had to pay tax every year on personal property here, I'd get rid if everything I own and become an enemy of the state.

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #5  
Well, to be honest I really don't understand the question. :confused3:

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #6  
City tax rate of 0.581930
School tax rate of 1.540000
County tax rate of 0.248409

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #7  
I'm in the same state and county as Moss. The "circuit breaker" that capped the rate is having some big consequences. Property tax is finding for education as well.

In the past the assessed value was way lower than market value. Now you have to keep your eye on your assessed value. They jack it up to raise more tax money.

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #8  
taxable assessment=$109,000.
general levy(municipal levy)= 0.00670694
education (school tax)= 0.00195000

2016 taxes went up $1.78 over last year. I can live with that. $943.62/year on 5 acres w/ 2400sq' house. yup I can live with that.

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #9  
Well, to be honest I really don't understand the question. :confused3:

I'm assuming the OP means property taxes. An annual rent you pay for the privilege of 'owning'.

Here in the US, it's one of the primary sources of tax revenue for local governments.

In my location, the property is appraised (done every 10 years), and has a Land value and Improvement (any structures/roads/etc) value.

In my case, looking at my2016 tax notice which I need to pay in the next month, 71.4 acres has value of $84,500. That is way off what it really would bring, since I just sold 27 adjoining, similar laying acres for 165k a few months ago, but traditionally, tax appraisals are extremely conservative.

The Improvement value is listed at $129,000....again, way off...my shop alone would cost that to replace, the house, probably closer to 300k, plus a dozen outbuildings/barns.

But anyway, the total comes up $213,000. Then they 'assess' it a 25% for residential (40% business), so that comes to $53,375, and apply the tax rate of $2.38/1000, bringing my annual 'rent' to $1270.22

That is a 20% increase over last year.....our elected county commission went nuts this past year, and no doubt most of the "tax and spent" crowd will be replaced in the next election.

/ Whats you tax rate at your residence? #10  
Andy, you just don't realize how lucky you are. In Texas, some county appraisal districts re-appraise property values every 2 years, while the county I live in does it annually. I think state law requires 100% appraisals, although the appraiser's guesstimates ain't always too accurate; sometimes way low and sometimes way high. Then the different taxing authorities my grant "exemptions" (senior, disability, etc.). And in some areas, the senior exemption for schools "freezes" your actual tax, as in my case. So, while city and county taxes continue to increase, our school taxes stay the same every year. But if or when the property is sold, the new owner will definitely be paying higher school taxes.

Currently our little city home is appraised at the land's market value (city lot) of $41,063 and the "improvement value" (house) at $114,053, so with a total appraised value of $155,116, the school tax of $1,179.21, city tax of $787.26, and county tax of $249.11, I just paid the property tax of $2,215.58.