woodworks

/ woodworks #1  

Sonny580

Platinum Member
Tractor
several kinds and sizes
Home - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
see if this posts here!
I am doing a little woodworking since thats about all I can do anymore! (ole spine is getting worse.)
We got this bear and just hooked it up today and did some test cutting!---also have a rip blade for it! I can cut logs on it that are too short for my bandsaw mill,---which will do 3' 6" min.---and 9' 2" max.
anyone on here do wood work or lumber sawing? thanks; sonny580

/ woodworks #2  
Home - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
see if this posts here!
I am doing a little woodworking since thats about all I can do anymore! (ole spine is getting worse.)
We got this bear and just hooked it up today and did some test cutting!---also have a rip blade for it! I can cut logs on it that are too short for my bandsaw mill,---which will do 3' 6" min.---and 9' 2" max.
anyone on here do wood work or lumber sawing? thanks; sonny580

What is the treat size on that. I have an old 14" Delta floor model and have often desired a larger band saw.

/ woodworks #3  
Nice shop bandsaw...

I can easily mill a 3 footer on my BSM, but I prefer them 4', I did this 4 footer the other day,

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

With an easy to build jig to hold short pieces, shorter pieces can be milled, but I guess I haven't done anything shorter than about a 2' piece...

SR

/ woodworks #4  
Nice BS Sonny I have a set-up I made for sawing short logs on the mill but I also have a Laguna BS I used a couple times to rip with.

/ woodworks
The grizzly is a 17" size.---they have much bigger ones, but this was about all I could handle!---Am in the process of making table extensions for it so I can cut any log that is shorter than than the mill will handle at this time.---
I think I might have figured out a design for holding shorter logs on the mill too!

Timber Tuff Band Saw Mill

Timber Tuff Log Peeler on a MS 250 Sthil

Big Log

Fresh Cut Lumber

Here are a few more pics. of the operation! thanks; sonny580

/ woodworks #6  
Nice work Sonny, it's good to see another BSM'er on here...

SR

/ woodworks
I enjoy the woodworking and everything that goes with it!
Many years ago I made lots of smaller stuff, but now with bigger lumber the possible projects are endless.
I am trying to design a low cost low tech. drying kiln for my own use.
Some of the lumber I cut will be donated to a couple of guys that are older than me and like to dabble with wood to stay active, so the venture is worth the time. thanks; sonny580