I'm a redneck because of my lunch?

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #61  
Re: I\'m a redneck because of my lunch?

I know a fellow in Louisiana whos brother-in-law eats squirrel brains. They boil the skulls and suck them out through the eye sockets.

Sorry but I just had to tell someone. Sounds too nasty to me. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The squirrels in Florida must not have any brains. They make it all the way across the road then panic and run all the way back to just to get squashed by my truck. I finally found that if you hit the horn at the right moment they won't double back.

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #62  

Man you guys have made me hungry and stirred up the memories. I have participated in many "hog killings" with my family in my youth. I have eaten everything that can be cut or plucked from the hog. Tongue, ears, tail, feet, brains, liver, lights, heart, etc. and enjoyed them all. We also hunted wild game for food and squirrel brains were a delicacy. Only problem; in our home my sister, the youngest child, got first dibs if there were only a few heads. Aren't these memories great!

TK

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #63  

If you have Scots-Irish in your blood, you're probably a redneck. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
It will soon be time for venesin balony here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You guys have made me hungry. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I'll have fried liver & onions - maybe throw in some squash too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think that we only have olive oil in the house anymore, so I'm not sure what that makes this meal. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif The wife & daughter won't stay in the house when I fix liver. I'll put some pork patties on the grill for them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I love scrapple, but haven't had it for a long time - I think it's a PA Dutch/German thing from the midwest. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I had cornmeal cereal (mush) this morning... the daughter wasn't found of it. Now we'll have fried mush for breakfast tomorrow.. maybe she'll like that better. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
What's that noodle/dumpling called where you drop balls of the mix in something like potato soup that's kind of like a firm dumpling? I love it but my brain isn't working this morning. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I don't eat brains either though... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #64  

Does anyone still make/eat homany?

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #65  

We had homony & sausage last weekend... one of my daughter's favorite meals. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #66  

Rivles... love them.

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #67  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .
Never been to Jack Pirtles in Memphis, but sure do like fried gizzards. My wife won't eat'em, and lots of fried chicken places don't have them, so I usually get mine at Wal-mart; not the best in the world, but not bad.
)</font>
Bird,
Have to agree with your wife every time I eat gizzards I get a big mouthful of gravel and grain.I just don't know what people see in that.Beef hearts are a different story it just seems such a waste to boil the tongue than skin it and throw out the inside part,what a waste /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #68  

nuthin' wrong with bein' a redneck, our motto is:
don't start no $&*%, there won't be no $&*%.
bout the mators, there is only two things that money can't buy, and thats true love and home grown mators.

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch?

how about some Philippine coffee?

Philippine company sells civet-dropping coffee

2 hours, 32 minutes ago Offbeat - AFP

MANILA (AFP) - A small Philippine company is combining commerce with conservation by offering one of the world's most prized coffees -- made from the beans found in the droppings of the civet.

AFP/File Photo

The product, known as "Coffee Alamid," after the local name of the wild animal, is being sold in a few local shops but may soon be exported, the owner of the Bote Central company said Wednesday.

The blend uses coffee beans processed through the digestive system of the vulnerable Philippine civet, a small, cat-like nocturnal mammal closely related to the mongoose.

The beans, which are swallowed and passed out whole by the animal, are gathered from droppings found at the farm.

The product sells for 3,500 pesos (64 dollars) per kilogram (2.2 pounds) or retails in bottles for about 450 pesos for 100 grams -- enough for about 12 cups.

Coffee from beans found in civet droppings in Vietnam has gained a reputation among connoisseurs as among the best in the world. A similar product is sold in Indonesia.

Vie Reyes, owner and sales manager of Bote Central, said the Trade Department and the International Coffee Board were certifying the company's bean-droppings as genuine and the Netherlands was interested in bringing the product to Europe.

Reyes, whose group is involved in preserving native sugar palm, was surprised to discover farmers in the Philippines have long been making coffee from the beans in local civet droppings.

Her company, with the help of non-government organizations, is working on a program that would train certain farmers to gather the beans, Reyes told AFP.

This will help in the conservation of the civet which has been made "vulnerable" but not yet endangered by destruction of its habitat and because it is being hunted for its meat.

/ I'm a redneck because of my lunch? #70  

Hey Thistlecop!

See the attached! It started as a 375# hog. Not even the bones were left (after the dogs got done). This was 10/2 in Gainesboro.

Attachments

• 512291-More Piggy web.JPG
    512291-More Piggy web.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 251