Sears Selling Craftsman Brand

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #1  

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
Sears is selling their Craftsman brand to Stanley Black & Decker. The only reason I shopped Sears was for their tool section.

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #2  
I heard this on the news this morning. Said part of the deal was making the Craftsman brand available in more stores. Be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run.

In the shorter term, I think Sears/Kmart is just about done.

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #3  
I can get Craftsman hand tools at my local Ace hardware store.

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #4  
yupp, but craftsman tools have really gone down hill over the last 20 years I think. If sears doesn't go under soon, Id be very surprised!

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #5  
In the shorter term, I think Sears/Kmart is just about done.

Their fate was sealed when selling credit cards became more important than selling merchandise. Ever try to use their website to find/buy something? ... it's an exercise in frustration!

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #6  
Sears sold many a garden tractor in it's day. Sounds like there will be empty spots at the mall where Sears used to be.

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #7  
I can get Craftsman hand tools at my local Ace hardware store.

Me too (for about 5-6 years now). As far as I know Sears never made a Craftsman tool, they merely marketed them. In the meantime, all the name brand specialty tool companies are now branching into the old Craftsman space with quality stuff. E.g. Crescent used to make adjustable wrenches but now also sell decent wrench/socket sets. I could be wrong but I think Channel-Lock is playing in the sandbox now too. The nice thing about Sears though was the "odd" stuff...large box end wrenches etc. Had to wipe the dust off at Sears but they had them.

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #8  
Great, now there will be absolutely NOTHING for me (or most men) to buy at any mall in America. At least most have Sears as an anchor and you can find something there to look at. Malls are attempting to re-brand themselves as "female only" shopping spaces apparently.

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #9  
Sears sold many a garden tractor in it's day. Sounds like there will be empty spots at the mall where Sears used to be.
Dunno about you but I haven't been in a mall in years. I suspect I'm not alone there. As for the garden tractors, I think I've seen them marketed outside of Sears.

/ Sears Selling Craftsman Brand #10  
Dunno about you but I haven't been in a mall in years. I suspect I'm not alone there. As for the garden tractors, I think I've seen them marketed outside of Sears.
N my wife has a few spots in Ft Collins that we go to when we visit but I can't say I've been to a mall in a few years. For one it's over 2 hour drive to get to a real mall from here. LOL.

What's going to be really sad are the franchised stores. We have a "Sers Hometown" store here that is not operated by Sears corporate. They sell some tools, outdoor power equipment and appliances. No clothes. The previous owner walked away a few years back and sears corporate came in an operated for a few months until another couple took over. Will be interesting to see what happens to those stores.