Adding a TV wirelessly

/ Adding a TV wirelessly #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
We're having friends over to watch the Super Bowl. I'd like to add a TV or 2 so that people can watch the game no matter where they are but I don't have extra cable boxes or hookups. Is there a way to connect 1 TV to another wirelessly? I don't want to spend a lot - it's only for 1 day.

/ Adding a TV wirelessly #2  
Short answer, NO

/ Adding a TV wirelessly #3  
I did something similar last fall, wanted to watch a football game out on my back porch.
my cable provider is dish network, and with a laptop and their "dishanywhere" app (i have their
sling adapter) i was able to stream the game to the laptop, and then chrome cast it to
a tv on my back porch... i know if the tvs are in closer proximity there would certainly
be a delay for the streamed version.
possibly the game will be available online and again the chromecast would work,
or some tv's can be hooked to a laptop with the monitor cable?

/ Adding a TV wirelessly #5  
Can you watch the game online on a computer or tablet? I know I can through DirecTV's online access. If yes, you can cast the video from the computer to any TV. Each TV would need a Chromecast device at $35. So you could watch the game on the main TV in the family room and then cast the game to another TV using Chromecast. I don't know if you can cast from one laptop to 2 separate TV's. I don't have that choice as I am one of the last Americans remaining who only own 1 TV in the house.

/ Adding a TV wirelessly #6  
If you live near a major television market you can get FOX Network 1080i digital signal with just rabbit ear antennas...

/ Adding a TV wirelessly #7  
We're having friends over to watch the Super Bowl. I'd like to add a TV or 2 so that people can watch the game no matter where they are but I don't have extra cable boxes or hookups. Is there a way to connect 1 TV to another wirelessly? I don't want to spend a lot - it's only for 1 day.

You don't say what your signal source is.

Is it regular over-the-air antenna signal? Cable TV? Satellite TV? Internet? That's what we need to know for starters.

/ Adding a TV wirelessly
Thanks for the ideas. I should have said I have DirecTV but my internet is only a 4G hotspot so watching online or using WiFi isn't an option. I checked on the free HD signal (great idea) but of course my location won't pick up Fox unless (maybe) I install a 30+ foot tower. I'll check out the video extenders.

/ Adding a TV wirelessly #9  
This is one of those times where someone wishes they'd have run two coax cables from every TV room in the house to a central location. An "inny" and an "outy". In this case, you'd just plug the output of the sat box into the "outy" in the room where its located and then on any TV in any other room plugged into its "inny" you'd switch to channel 3 or 4 and watch whatever is coming out of the sat box.