I hate poachers..

/ I hate poachers.. #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Last night about 8:00 pm I noticed a truck with a spotlight shining for deer which is legal this time of year.About 11:00 pm the wife and I head off to bed just lay down and see the spotlight again look out our window then CRACK from a rifle shot towards our house,seen the muzzle flash.I hit the truck with my flashlight and they speed off.Call 911 dispatcher blows me off and states its legal to shine deer this time of year like no big deal.What the he-- I tell her they shot a rifle towards my house she tells me to stay calm the local officer will be there later on.At that point i am pi$$ed tell the dispatcher I am headed down towards my field to see if can see anything.Low and behold local police show up in about 5 min.Went with the local officer to see if we can find a shell casing or dead deer we found nothing.I assume they missed there target.I hate poachers.

/ I hate poachers.. #2  
Same here, we can't seem to catch them in the act, but continue to find tracks in our fields and/or blood pools where a deer was taken. We've also seen where they have come in, caught lots of fish and cleaned them on the spot leaving the mess for us to clean up. One 5 acre pond has pretty much been cleaned out and we aren't going to restock it.

/ I hate poachers.. #3  
When it comes to poachers that's scraping the bottom of the barrel!!!

/ I hate poachers.. #4  
Never got comfortable with spotlighting and shooting at night. I personally don't call that hunting. IMHO.

This dispatcher, yeah..., not impressed, either.

Glad you are OK.

/ I hate poachers.. #5  
Spotlighting is not legal in Ohio. But I am confused that you say they are poaching, and that spotlighting is legal

/ I hate poachers.. #6  
Apparently you can "light 'em up" as long as you don't shoot at them.

/ I hate poachers..
Spotlighting is not legal in Ohio. But I am confused that you say they are poaching, and that spotlighting is legal
You can spotlight/shine at night(but not in deer season)the rest of the year its legal.

/ I hate poachers..
   / I hate poachers.. #10  
You can spotlight/shine at night(but not in deer season)the rest of the year its legal.

You can't spotlight deer any time of year in my state (TN). They will site you for harassing wildlife.