Michigan Towns.... pronounce like a local

/ Michigan Towns.... pronounce like a local
You probably drank too much [ or not enough ] Sebewaing beer... :)

/ Michigan Towns.... pronounce like a local #5  
The part of MI I grew up in called everything Crick instead of Creek.

I had an Uncle born and raised in Michigan always say Pony ack instead of Pontiac... but maybe he was just doing that to pull my Dad's chain..... :)

/ Michigan Towns.... pronounce like a local #7  
Also where I grew up, Huron was pronounced more like Hyeron than Hyooron as in that sheet. I can attest to that for sure. I was born in Port Huron. Grew up in Croswell. Spent lots of time in/around Lake Huron.

/ Michigan Towns.... pronounce like a local #8  
Some of the best years of my life were spent in Sault Ste Marie. I was stationed there from '71 to '74 in USAF. I went back this past September to reminisce and look over the whole area. I don't think it changed a great deal in 45 years. It is a wonderful place.

Some of the best years of my life were spent in Sault Ste Marie. I was stationed there from '71 to '74 in USAF. I went back this past September to reminisce and look over the whole area. I don't think it changed a great deal in 45 years. It is a wonderful place.

They just shut down the locks for the winter a few days ago, be open again in March..... Everytime I go up that way I see a lot of young girls pushing baby carriages around, I think it is the local pastime.... :)

/ Michigan Towns.... pronounce like a local #10  
My family's farm is up in Sebewaing... I've only ever heard it as "See-ba-wing".

Last summer we stopped in Charlotte Michigan ... The locals there pronounced it "Shar-lot" which surprised me.

My mom's family have been here for a few generations. I don't know exactly where they got it from but they have a very slight drawl and pronounce Wash as "worsh" as in "worship". So a washing machine is a "worshing" machine. Could be just my family tho LOL.