Flu vaccination, yes or no.

/ Flu vaccination, yes or no. #1  

Johnny g

Silver Member
Tractor
Universal 445
Just wondering who does or doesn't get the flu shot every fall, I have been getting it for several years now and this year I also got a "Shingles vaccination, flu shots are free in Ont. and shingles vac. is free for anyone from 65 to 70 years of age. Flu has never been an issue with me but I figure better to be safe or somewhat safe, no guarantees. never had any reactions.

Last edited:
   / Flu vaccination, yes or no. #4  
I've always taken the flu shot and never had the flu but was it because I took the shot.....who knows? I also took the shingles shot seven years ago and haven't had shingles...........but again who knows if the shot was needed?

/ Flu vaccination, yes or no. #5  
I have been avoiding taking them for decades. Took some a few decades ago, and got the flu. I am not "anti-vaccination" and I am not saying I might not take one in the future as I get older, but I have survived fine without them.

/ Flu vaccination, yes or no. #6  
I get the flu shot, never had any side effects and I've had the flu don't want that again. I also got the shingles shot as I had a bad bout of it years ago and sure don't want to repeat that; also took pneumonia shots.

/ Flu vaccination, yes or no. #7  
I've never had a flu shot and I don't plan to have one. A few years ago a neighbour, who was over ninety years old and had never been sick a day in his life, had a flu shot in the morning and died in the afternoon. Coincidence? Maybe or maybe not.

/ Flu vaccination, yes or no. #8  
My mom is 94 and gets regular flu shots and hasn't had any issues; coincidence? Maybe or maybe not.

If I was going to model my life after what happened to one person, I doubt I'd leave the house; to each his own.

/ Flu vaccination, yes or no.
I get the flu shot, never had any side effects and I've had the flu don't want that again. I also got the shingles shot as I had a bad bout of it years ago and sure don't want to repeat that; also took pneumonia shots.
Never thought about pneumonia shot, maybe I should look into that one

/ Flu vaccination, yes or no. #10  
Last time I got one I got sick as a dog about a week later, that was about 7 years ago. Haven't had one since and this old dog is still in pretty good shape!