Tractor Supply Does It Again

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
What is going on with TSC? A while back I needed welded wire fencing to layer over my perimeter fence to prevent my goats from putting their heads through the fence and becoming chew toys for the neighbor's dogs. Red Brand was my brand preference. I checked out the TSC Website and found that they carried the Red Brand fencing. Then I called to confirm that they had what I needed in stock and was assured they did. Off I go on the 20 mile drive to pick it up. I go into the store and tell them what I wanted, confirmed again that it was Red Brand fencing, because I did not see it in the lot when I parked the truck, and paid for it. Out to the lot to get the truck loaded and the kid on the forklift picks up a brand I had never heard of. Stop right there! I explained what I wanted and was told that the brand he had on the forklift was all they carried. He put it back and back into the store I went to get a refund. That was back then.

This is now. It is time to give our goats their annual CD-T booster shots. Our vaccine of choice is made by Bar Vac, so off to TSC I go, they have always carried the Bar Vac vaccine so I was not concerned. When I get to the cooler where they store the vaccines I do not see Bar Vac, however the price sign says it is Bar Vac. I called for a clerk and she reads the bar code with the scanner and assures me it is Bar Vac CD-T vaccine. Thinking maybe Bar Vac has changed it's label, I bought three 10-dose vials. When I get home, I checked the TSC Web site and, sure enough, it shows Bar Vac in the familiar label. Upon close examination of the label on the vaccine that I bought I see that it is NOT Bar Vac. What the heck!

Is anyone else running into this? Or, is it just the TSC stores in Killeen and Lampasas, Texas?

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #2  
Well, I for one have always had good luck at our TSC. I needed a repair kit for my outside hydrant Saturday, they were the only one's around that had one. My dogs like their dig food and we buy our chicken feed there. So for me so far, they have been good.

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #3  
I'm finding the central Michigan TSC stores are slipping both in customer service and merchandise selection.
A new chain has popped up called Family Farm and Home and they are getting our business now

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #4  
I'm finding the central Michigan TSC stores are slipping both in customer service and merchandise selection.
A new chain has popped up called Family Farm and Home and they are getting our business now

From what I have seen, TSC is ALWAYS shopping for bottom feeder suppliers.
They were selling King Kutter attachments (rugged/good quality),.... now only Tarter Gate, or Behlen.
They were selling Valspar enamel (great quality), now..... Majic
Lots of other items similarly dropped, for cheaper products .....

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #5  
From what I have seen, TSC is ALWAYS shopping for bottom feeder suppliers.
They were selling King Kutter attachments (rugged/good quality),.... now only Tarter Gate, or Behlen.
They were selling Valspar enamel (great quality), now..... Majic
Lots of other items similarly dropped, for cheaper products .....

Agree they turned into Dollar General of Ag supplies. Can't wait till I get a Rural King.

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #6  
They put in a fancy new one up here in Longview, had similar experience. Many times we'd swing by since it's just a little closer to us only to be disappointed and take the extra 5 minutes to head up to Wilco instead.

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #7  
Around here it's good for nuts/bolts & a few other things that might happen on a Sunday, I can remember when it used to be a real farm supply, now it's more Urban supply.

Ronnie

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #8  
They put in a fancy new one up here in Longview, had similar experience. Many times we'd swing by since it's just a little closer to us only to be disappointed and take the extra 5 minutes to head up to Wilco instead.

They put one in Aberdeen as well.......not that impressed........the hired help don't know much.

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #9  

I have found Wilco to be 10-30 percent less than our new TSC (often the same brand) up here plus; Wilco gives a military discount but TSC does not. Guess who gets my business?

Ron

/ Tractor Supply Does It Again #10  
i think the brands we really liked did a promo price to get thier foot in the door to prove themselves and then raised prices reducing tsc profit margin. i guess tsc is only looking at the bottom margin and **** the customers loyalty. :mad: