Had an odd thing happen today...

/ Had an odd thing happen today... #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
We has pretty severe storms across south central PA today.

When I got home from work (wife was still at her job), the kitchen was very hot and the microwave (built in...just above the stove) fan was on high.
Turns out, the broiler was on in the oven...probably had been for at least 4 hours. The stove, a gas type, was quite hot to the touch. The cabinets around were warm to the touch...very warm, but not hot.
Anyway, the stove had a code on the LED read out (normally the clock) reading F-2. Resetting the read out worked for about 30 seconds. However, the broiler would not go off.

To make a long story short, I closed the gas bottle and turned the power off at the breaker box. I'm just glad the storms were in the afternoon. If this had happened in the morning, it could have been a disaster.

I guess we had a power surge (there had been several lightening strikes across the Susquehanna Valley) which wiped the microwave and stove electronics.

Apparently no damage other then having to reset any electrical clocks and such.

/ Had an odd thing happen today... #2  
Roy, we had a similiar thing happen to our electronic stove a while back. Cost about $150 to fix it. Glad you caught it.

For some reason it reminds me of the time (years ago) I came home to find my apartment filled with smoke. Turns out the neighbors were grilling on the lower balcony and it was blowing in through the open window.

/ Had an odd thing happen today... #3  
<font color="blue"> For some reason it reminds me of the time (years ago) I came home to find my apartment filled with smoke. Turns out the neighbors were grilling on the lower balcony and it was blowing in through the open window. </font>

Sure makes one miss that apartment living doesn't it? I had apartment neighbors that would drink too much and argue with each other daily. The mean nasty stuff than no one should ever hear. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif