US Postal Service

/ US Postal Service #1  

95XL883

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 990
Okay, all I can do is laugh at this situation (even though it isn't funny.) I ordered some custom made parts so I can install new tires and rims on my Ranger. The seller sent them USPS. On Tuesday morning, the parts were at a post office just three miles from my home. And then were listed as "out for delivery". Late last night the parts were in a post office about 20 miles away. Think about that for a second, the parts spent 36 hours in a truck that started out just three miles away and ended up 20 miles away. This morning they were back at the post office three miles away. They are now "out for delivery" again. I wonder if I will ever see them?

Last edited:
   / US Postal Service #2  
:laughing: I have a friend who does this. He follows things he's ordered through whatever tracking sites, and drives himself nuts over it when stuff like this happens. On the bright side, he posts it all on Facebook so the rest of us can enjoy his frustrations.

Thanks for sharing.

/ US Postal Service #3  
I have had similar experiences with them as well. Most of the time I can't get updated tracking from them. Our mail person is also bad to leave someone else's mail in my box and I am sure my mail winds up somewhere else as well. I pretty much don't ever have any problems with Fedex or UPS. Perhaps it is time to privatize the USPS.

/ US Postal Service #4  
My pet peeve is that the PO will deliver packages to houses on the other side of the main road, but not my side. I have to place my mailbox on "their" side of the road to get normal mail delivery. Packages that do not fit in the box are at the PO.

Last I checked I'm paying the exact same postage as the other side of the road.

/ US Postal Service #7  
The accuracy of UPS tracking system is always correct.

The accuracy of USPS tracking system is rarely correct.

/ US Postal Service #8  
   / US Postal Service #9  
I gotta say that our rural U.S. Mail service/people has been outstanding for the 42 years that I've been here. Rarely is there a screw up. :2cents:

/ US Postal Service #10  
I gotta say that our rural U.S. Mail service/people has been outstanding for the 42 years that I've been here. Rarely is there a screw up. :2cents:

I agree Mike. Our carrier puts packages in the garage. Can't remember the last time I had to go to the P.O. to pick up anything. Might help that I run the road grader that services most of the gravel roads she drives. But I think she provides the same service to all her stops.

Recently received a USPS package from a TBN friend in Canada. Got it in 6 or 7 days, can't remember for sure. USPS tracking showed it "out for delivery" four days before it showed up. :)