Crimp tool

/ Crimp tool #4  
Use the crimp area of the standard crimp tool. They are usually located between the pivot point and the stripping area on standard wire stripper/crimping tools.

/ Crimp tool #5  
The garbage stamped metal junk that comes with a lot of kits are probably the 2nd biggest reason that crimp connections have the completely undeserved bad reputation that they do.

This is what the junk looks like, do NOT get these!

View attachment 502232

That Klein tool above is an excellent choice.

This ratcheting kind is also excellent.

View attachment 502234

/ Crimp tool #6  
For the splice terminals you want a wide flat pliers. The Klein pliers are a must- but not for those connectors. I have good luck with channel locks, lineman or slip jaw/combination. You insert the wires, squeeze the metal splicing bar into both wires and then close the cover.

Edit- OP- which connectors are you referencing? Half of the connectors would use the Klein crimp style pliers and the other half need a flat and wide jaw.

/ Crimp tool #7  
   / Crimp tool #10  
Hmmmm... I hate crimping because I never have confidence in them. I typically crimp the crap out of them and then cover it all up with heatshrink tubing.

I might have to invest in one of these 'Crimp specific pliers' and see whether my confidence improves.