Your favorite SEED catalog(s)??

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
Kinda' hard to think about the vegetable garden given it's snowing pretty hard right now on top of the two feet of snow already down, but...

We typically end up getting most of our plants from local green houses and veggie seeds from big box stores. Would like to go a different route this season. All of those seed catalogs one gets sure make their offerings look great but would appreciate input from folks who have a particular seed company they buy from with good results?

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #2  
I have always had good luck with Burpee Seeds whether I got them from their catalog or picked them up locally but they are not usually the cheapest.

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #3  
Johnny's seeds.

Johnny's Selected Seeds

Organic, lots of supplies. My wife is a master gardner with a degree in horticulture and swears by them.

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #4  
Yep, Johnny's seeds.

I like Gurney's too.

But most everything I plant comes from a neighbor with Green Houses and lots of mowing that needs done every year.

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #5  
High Mowing Organic seed is another good seed catalog.

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #6  
I also use tomato growers for tomato and peppers

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #7  
Had great results with Jungs for corn seed last year. Tomato growers for tomatoes and peppers. Territorial used to be good but got bought out by one of the big boys a few years ago, I haven't been as pleased recently.

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #8  
Harris Seed is where we get majority of the seeds we start at the greenhouse business both to sell to the customer and to field grow for the market stands.

Harris just revamped their page for the non-commercial side of their business Its now called Garden Trends and offers virtually the same seeds just smaller amounts. Worth checking out, About Us – GardenTrends

I've often bought seeds from different places but those shipping charges do add up, Depends what your after, Safe Seed pledge, organic seeds etc.

Lots of people also go to High Mowing Organic Seed out of Vermont here these days.

I like Veseys Seeds too. and they ship US from Maine now. They carry a good selection of commercial grade seed options in smaller quantity. Veseys

Seeds from Italy is another one my favorites for specialized zukes and beans. http://growitalian.com/

Seed Saver Exchange is always a classic choice if your after something heirloom. They donated us some seeds too for our seed saver club we started at our little town library.

And also last year this place Patriot Supply also gave us free seeds.

I have to admit I probably would have never thought about purchasing seed from them before this, but the were very, very receptive to the cause and overall the individual seed prices are pretty good plus being its a "self preparedness" oriented operation the have some really neat survivalist packages of open pollinated seed that can save. Check them out! :D

Burpee has more choices online but if I just need like some simple Burpee stuff honestly I'll just go get it at the Walmart but you have to be fast at least my store they get wiped right out. :eek:

/ Your favorite SEED catalog(s)?? #10  
One comment about Gurney's ...... Once they get your email address they are relentless about sending emails, even when you tell them not to. Sometimes 3-4 per day.