An " I hate it when that happens" moment...

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #1  

/pine

Super Star Member
Had one last evening when grilling some steaks...go to turn a big fat sizzling rib eye over only to find the absorbent pad from the package stuck to the already grilled side of the steak...ugh...I hate when that happens...!

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #2  
Salt and pepper both sides next time before you grill!!!! ...and you'll catch that next time. :D :D

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #3  
:laughing:

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment...
Salt and pepper both sides next time before you grill!!!! ...and you'll catch that next time. :D :D

What probably made it worse was the seasonings were in the Marsala marinate the steaks were in prior...!

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #5  
I hate when my wife is right. Luckily it isn't often

Brett

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #6  
Had one last evening when grilling some steaks...go to turn a big fat sizzling rib eye over only to find the absorbent pad from the package stuck to the already grilled side of the steak...ugh...I hate when that happens...!

Save the absorbent pad.... and soak it!
Add rice ... great stew,..... and cheap too!

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #7  
   / An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #9  
I've never done that with steaks on the grill, but I did recently put a pizza directly on the rack in the oven, only to learn later that I forgot to remove the cardboard from the bottom side of it.:pullinghair: Yep, hate it when something like that happens.

/ An " I hate it when that happens" moment... #10  
What probably made it worse was the seasonings were in the Marsala marinate the steaks were in prior...!
Was there any alcohol involved? Opening the package and not noticing is one thing...but going to the marinade stage and still not noticing? For future reference, a proper marinade (not that I condone that with a ribeye) would tell you to flip the piece once or twice.