Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,211  
I crack up when I hear high speed broadband lack thereof is only a rural issue.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,212  
I guess it depends on what you consider is rural vs speed/price/availability.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,213  
Not to mention Interstate Highway System. We all foot the bill for that, and i don't even use the Interstate where you live.

That Interstate Highway system put a lot of men to work after WW II. I'm thankful that it is in place.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,214  
Communications Act of 1934 - Wikipedia

*in communication by wire and radio so as to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States a rapid, efficient, nationwide, and worldwide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges,

No?

No! How about American Bell and Edison General Electric. All the government did was make infrastructure expansion, by private companies, more expensive with regulation and delay.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,215  
Well, all I can say is don't blame the Telco's for where you live. If you choose to live rural then you have to take the disadvantages that come with that. Like no sewers, maybe no rural water, maybe no natural gas, and God forbid, no High Speed Internet. Best to get over it because it isn't going to change anytime soon. ***** all you want, but in the end, the Telco's sure don't care about sparsely populated rural areas. It just isn't profitable, and here's a newsflash for ya, they are in it for the money. And to say High Speed Internet is a must have is just ridiculous. To some it may seem that way but that's just not true.
Pretty sure there was a "mileage fee" on my POTS bill, when I still had it. Doesn't/didnt that help Ma Bell and the others recoup some of the expense of providing me service out in the sticks?

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,216  
Pretty sure there was a "mileage fee" on my POTS bill, when I still had it. Doesn't/didnt that help Ma Bell and the others recoup some of the expense of providing me service out in the sticks?

In 37 years in this business I have never heard of a mileage fee, so no, doubt that is real

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,217  
We have been enjoying our hotspot till this pay cycle. They throttled it back to barely 4g. I called and asked why. She said we exceeded 22gb. I told her it was only supposed to be throttle back in congested networks and we aren’t in one. She pulled a screen shot showing as such and sent it to the escalation team. They never called and the new cycle started today. So much for unlimited fast internet. If it happens again I’ll call with a different tone. We have exceeded 22gb every month we have had it and no issues till now.

Brett

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,218  
Not to mention Interstate Highway System. We all foot the bill for that, and i don't even use the Interstate where you live.

You may not, but there is a pretty good chance some of the goods that you use or eat do use those Interstates.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,219  
I took my Mobley and laptop to my Mother's house to show her something on the internet. AT&T just turned on a new tower about 1-1/2 miles from her house. Before they did this your phone might ring in her house if you were standing in a certain spot on one foot with your left index finger touching your nose. You had to go outside to have a conversation. Now I can plug in my Mobley and surf away at some amazing speeds considering being out in the sticks. Who would have ever thunk it :)

Mobley Speed Test.JPG