Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,231  
Yes, it is still available, but it is $25 and doesn't appear to be unlimited anymore. It is a 5 GB plan, but says "$0.00 for additional GB over 5 GB".

Who knows, and I'm sure AT&T won't if you call them.
Which means its NOT available.

The unlimited connected car plan is NOT available. Mobleys are available, and they now have another audiovox ODB device available, similar to mobley.

The 22GB plan is now $60 month.

They have 2 connected car plans
1GB, 5GB with limits.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,232  
Have had a couple of speed hiccups but nothing to indicate they were throttling. Haven't looked to see if the plan came back but I assume it's gone for new customers. Still getting billed $22 here and very happy. Hope it holds out for us.

i have noticed a loss of speed at certain times, but i think it's just something to do with the weather, been super cold here for a few weeks,
even my old dsl line (contemplating disconnecting) has had some down time lately.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,233  
-------------------
Also, anybody have reports of slow-downs? Mine is still working happily for me at full speed all the time, even when I'm much above the 'max' data.

Rob

No slowdowns here. We are over 9 miles from the tower and the strange thing is the fastest speeds happen with just 1 bar signal strength. If I move it around for max signal, the speed is always slower.

-116 is what it is getting now with max speed of 15 Mbps down if no "tower congestion".

Speed right now:

-116 fast.com-2018-01-19-11-21.jpeg

"tower congestion":

-116 speedof.me-2018-01-19-11-44.jpeg

If the tower is real busy, upload will be faster than download.

Previous signal strength posts here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...onth-stand-alone-post4756325.html#post4756325

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,234  
No slowdowns here. We are over 9 miles from the tower and the strange thing is the fastest speeds happen with just 1 bar signal strength. If I move it around for max signal, the speed is always slower.

-116 is what it is getting now with max speed of 15 Mbps down if no "tower congestion".

Speed right now:

View attachment 536435

"tower congestion":

View attachment 536436

How do you determine if there is 'tower congestion'?

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,235  
You replied while I was editing the post and adding the answer to your question before you asked it!

For me it starts after 8 am and upload will be faster than download. Early morning and late evening are the fastest.

Also if you rerun the speed test, speed will be higher because the congestion decreased.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,236  
Re: Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

Congestion and throttling could look and act identical. The only way to prove one over the other is having a non throttled device simultaneously run a speedtest.

Then again, I run two tests at the same time with to devices and never get the same speed, even connected to the same wifi.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,238  
Speed tests are at best a crap shoot. Lots of variables, device, time of day, speed test used, and the list goes on an on. Once you leave the serving ISP all bets are off. And running a speed test over wifi is a joke, you need to be wired to the router to get an accurate test.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,239  
Speed tests are at best a crap shoot. Lots of variables, device, time of day, speed test used, and the list goes on an on. Once you leave the serving ISP all bets are off. And running a speed test over wifi is a joke, you need to be wired to the router to get an accurate test.

If I want an accurate test of my wifi/router internet speed I need to include all variables. And I no longer operate any "hardwired" computers.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,240  
If I want an accurate test of my wifi/router internet speed I need to include all variables. And I no longer operate any "hardwired" computers.

But that's not an accurate test of your true internet speed by using wifi. That's all I'm saying. A wired test is a more reliable test.. When you include all variables? Not sure that's even possible.