It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #21  
Well my wife does not hesitate running any of the tractors. It is strange that she can start the Farmall M but has major difficulty starting the little garden tiller. And yes she has had a few "issues". But I always say "don't worry about it, its just paying your dues and learning". I say this for a VERY good reason. Cause if ya start comparing her "opps" with my "oops".....well lets just say it's best when nobody is counting.

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #22  
Bob,

I'm in the same situation as you, but with a twist. My wife can pretty much handle any kind of power tool you can throw at her. Heck, most of the carpenters on the jobs that she's involved with would rather see her show up than their boss. She understands the language and the techniques, so it's easy for her to talk and work with the guys.

But her problem is leaving tools behind. She's ALWAYS forgetting some tool or another at a job site, and more often than not - it's one of my tools! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I had just purchased a new Black & Decker battery operated drill/driver about two weeks earlier. I go down to my shop to get it for a project, and I can't find it. Since she and I are the only two people in the house, and I know for a fact that our Yorkie hasn't figured out how to use it, I go to her and ask what she did with my drill. "Oh, I borrowed it to use on a job." So I ask her why she borrowed it, when I had bought her two - not one, but TWO - drills just for her. See, in my ignorance, I figured if she had her own drills, she wouldn't borrow mine. Silly boy! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

She says, "Well, the batteries were dead in my drills."

So I ask why the batteries were dead. Silly boy # 2! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

"Well, I forgot to charge them up."

So I said, with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, that it was easier to steal my drill than to charge her batteries?

"Right", she says!

"O.K. then, where is my drill?"

"Well, I think I left at So and So's house".

"You think? You don't know?"

"Well, that was last week, so I can't be sure."

"Do you think you could remember and maybe find it for me?"

"Well, probably. But until I do, why don't you use mine?" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

"Uh, D E A R , your batteries are dead, remember?"

"Well, why don't you charge them up?" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gotta love those ladies! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #23  
(LOL) Good one. Maybe you should teach your Yorkie how to use it. Betcha it gets put back! G

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #24  
Poppa,

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, you've got her figured out all right!

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #25  
Now you know why my garage is in a state of confusion. If she can't find it, she can't take it. In fact, sometimes I can't even find what I am looking for, so I ask the wife. Remarkably, she seems to always remember where I left it last. Personally, I think that she hides these things on me only so she can say that she knows where it is when I can't find it. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased another drill at the flea market. She asked why I needed another drill and I said that I didn't need another drill, but I just wanted another drill. She turned away shaking her head. Women just don't understand that tools are a man thing and that you can never have too many of them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .....I purchased another drill at the flea market. She asked why I needed another drill and I said that I didn't need another drill, but I just wanted another drill. She turned away shaking her head. Women just don't understand that tools are a man thing and that you can never have too many of them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

Oh how true that is! My wife does the same thing when I come home with the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th of the same thing.
I just tell her it's always good to have a few spares /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. G