Most comfortable boot recommendations

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
I told my wife that I know why old men walk like old men - their feet hurt. At 73 my feet are a bit less forgiving, with some periodic neuroma, and aches. So I want and deserve a comfortable boot. I don't need one that will last forever, but I do want comfort and reasonable wear. I have read some of the posts here re boots but not quite hitting the mark for me.

Anyway, this can be a short-lived post as I will be heading to town tomorrow to get a pair as mine finally gave up the ghost. Though, as this topic may be of general interest, I guess it can keep going after tomorrow.

I need the boots tomorrow and so will need to get them in a store instead of mail-order (which would make me nervous anyway), and my local options seem to be Boot Barn, T Supply Co., Dick's Sporting stores, Work World (only Wolverine brand?), and a local work clothes store. I think there is a Redwing store as well.

Any recommendations re brand, or a brand and model? I want one without a steel toe. I have looked on line at Georgia brand and they seem to have good reviews. There are other brands perhaps available to me in a store, Timberline, CAT, Irish Setter, Dickies and more.

Again, comfort is the most important thing for me right now - and I don't want a long break in period. So, hopefully, comfortable right away. Also, any information re cost and value would be helpful. Thank you for any help.

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #2  
Tony Llama

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #4  
I will second for Ariat slip on boots, I get their top of the line slip on round toe cowboy boots and as long as they keep putting out a good product I will keep buying.

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #5  
Ariat is way comfy.

Also don't laugh dr schols inserts. Don't spend the money on the ones supposedly designed for your foot.

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #6  
I'm pretty happy with the Hi-tec brand of hikers, I know they make something more work boyish than the hikers, but I find them very comfortable and dry when you get the waterproof ones.

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations
I am looking for a 6 or 8 inch lace up. I could go with a hiker boot if comfortable and that might make sense as they are built for comfort for those on their feet for long stretches. While I used to wear whatever I had all day, these days I will likely only wear them for about 4-6 hours a day and not every day - maybe 4 or 5 days a week. A lot of walking around the ranch here.

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #8  
I am on my second pair of Justin work boots. Extremely comfortable. I wore out the first pair. This pair is a square toe lace up. I can work in them all day with no problems.

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #9  
Red Wing Irish Setter 83401's have been really nice for me. A hiker/work boot and soft toe. No break in needed. Probably switched numbers by now. They always do once I find something I like. About a 6 inch boot. I always use a gel insole. For me, it helps a lot. Used to get a K-Mart brand that was good leather years ago. They held up well. Of course they went downhill fast.

/ Most comfortable boot recommendations #10  
Red Wing #606. I'll never buy another work boot unless I need another pair of steel toes. Most comfortable work boot I've ever worn, and I'm on my 2nd resole of my second pair. I have difficult feet, high arch, other problems from a lifetime (trades) of working while standing on my feet.

Also, get the inserts that you toss in the oven and warm up first, then put in the boot and walk around until they form to your foot. For my feet, they are a must have.

The combination of the Red Wing #606 boot, and the self forming insoles is the best thing I've ever found. More comfortable than running/athletic shoes.