Cellular Game Camera suggestions

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #1  

audsp98

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST
I need some suggestions to what brand of cellular game cam I should look for.

I need a camera that will text/email me when it takes a picture.

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #2  
My SIL recently purchased Bushnel's version of a cell based camera;so far he likes it.They have an easy to use "ap" for a cell phone.

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #3  
Following

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #4  
Go to chasingame.com and check out the forum. There it seems everyone is all over the spartan cameras. It seems that it doesn't matter much what you get though, unless you spend top dollar (would to strap 6-10 $100 bills to a tree and walk away?) you'll eventually run into issues, and cell cameras seem to multiply the issues by a factor of 10 or more. I have a lot of trail cameras but I don't have a desire to have a cell cam, this is just what I've gathered from reading the forum over there.

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions
My SIL recently purchased Bushnel's version of a cell based camera;so far he likes it.They have an easy to use "ap" for a cell phone.

The Bushnell is the one I've been looking at. I'm leaning toward purchasing it from what I've been reading.

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #6  
Would be interessting, but doubt I want to spend the money. Long range bluetooth or such, so you don't have to walk up to it, would be nice.

Check local laws. I illegal in some states.

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #7  
This isn't what you requested, but I'll throw out the suggestion, just in case it helps. There are wireless cameras that cover a considerable range, and you can configure the computer on the receiving end to e-mail pictures when they come in. https://www.buckeyecameras.com/

The benefit of this approach is no ongoing monthly fee. The drawback is the overhead of making sure a computer is always connected and running their software to e-mail the pictures.

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #8  
This isn't what you requested, but I'll throw out the suggestion, just in case it helps. There are wireless cameras that cover a considerable range, and you can configure the computer on the receiving end to e-mail pictures when they come in. BuckEye Cam Home

The benefit of this approach is no ongoing monthly fee. The drawback is the overhead of making sure a computer is always connected and running their software to e-mail the pictures.

That is what I am interested in, but it will have to mature quite a bit, and price come down, before I buy. $1k, is just to much for me.

Cords have a distance limitation, but it might be another way to go, just to keep from walking up to your spot.

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #9  
CovertCameras is a good one. $15 a month and it comes through the app. I can see all the old pictures and have full control of the camera remotely. Works great. A solar panel is definitely worth the $

/ Cellular Game Camera suggestions #10  
Can you do it month to month?