Brush b gone....

/ Brush b gone.... #1  

Budweiser John

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45D
Looking for advice on favorite and effective brush killers.
Brand names or home brew, what have fellow members used to effectively discourage the enrichment of hauthorn, wild rose and other nusence brush in fence rows?
Any and all suggestions appreciated.
B. John

/ Brush b gone.... #2  
I use Garlon 4 (the generic version from Alligare). Works well for wild rose and other saplings. Supposedly it works on wisteria - we'll see. I applied it recently, and I am not sure it's doing anything.

/ Brush b gone.... #6  
There may be better, but I just use Round-up. Does the job for me, which is nothing more than killing the vegetation in the ditch. I've tried the off brands, but didn't find them to be as effective.

I hit the weeds in the ditch this afternoon actually, then rained this evening, lol. Just my luck.

/ Brush b gone.... #7  
goto your local agricultural / chemical place. you might be able to get some higher quality chemicals than the diluted stuff sold on store shelves.

diesel, seen it used for many years. not sure if diluted or not, it can cause other issues.

/ Brush b gone.... #8  
Gordon's Brush killer (with 2-4D) is sold at Tractor supply....... in states where it is legal.
I find Gordon's to be much more effective than Ortho Brush-B-Gon or Roundup.
Roundup is actually a weed killer, not a brush killer.

/ Brush b gone.... #9  
For situations like this I like to spray a mixture of glyphosate (roundup but I usually use a generic) and 2-4d.

/ Brush b gone.... #10  
My neighbor works for the local EMC and has once or twice "loaned" me some of the stuff they use to "clear" under powerlines. Unmarked jugs. I sure wish I knew what it was so I could buy more! Total burn-down of absolutely everything in no more than a few days. And nothing grows back for a year or more.