getting rid of a robin sound gun?

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #1  

boggen

Elite Member
Tractor
SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester
i got a peasky little stinking loud robin, that i swear is trained to follow me around. and CHRIP as loud as possible, and finds a window or tree limb and looks directly at me and chirps.

the little spring loaded bee bee gun not strong enough to kill it, and stupid bird now hides behind a tree limb, just peaking around the side and watches for me to come around. and as soon as he sees me, takes off to another tree just out sight peaking around the corner.

from 4:30 am till 9:00 pm non stop chirping. the other birds i can deal with, less high pitched noise. and does not go straight through the house walls and windows, and over fans and tv sounds. that and other birds are skiddish. this robin on the other hand. is like my nemesis or something.

was hoping someone might have an idea (beyond me becoming a better shoot with a bigger gun) with a sound cannon or some sort of piezo speaker? and some sort of sound file? so i can knock the sucker out, don't care if i kill it or not. or if i gotta do a pain treatment chriping lessons with it. (worse than noisy neighbor barking dogs type doing)

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #2  
Some folks put a dummy in a tree, an Owl will do.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #3  
Seems like there should be some kind a medication for that problem.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #4  
Really Mate. Really. A thrush's chirping calls for its demise?

It's approaching the end of your Spring, which means that there is probably a nest full of chicks that it is 'defending. Wait another fortnight and they'll have fledged and begone.

Crikey, my neighbours bought a puppy (outside dog) that barked for two months whilst the owners were at work. It eventually stopped.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #5  
You must be retired if you're home from 4:30 am through 9:00 pm. Therefore, you should go to the nearest tavern/saloon and wait the robin out.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #7  
We have about 60 Canada Geese that hang around our pond, graze in our yard and crap all over everything. Wildlife and Fishery guy said we cant kill them but we should get some 12 Gauge blanks and shot at them with that to scare them off.
Well I don't have blanks but I have boxes of 7 1/2 shot, so from about 40-50 yards away, I sprinkled them with 5 rounds. Not a one of them flew, in fact they moved toward me.
The only good thing that they do is clean up all the fallen plums from under my trees. They do that about twice a day. My plums are about gone so that good thing will be ending in the next day or so, then it is back to seeing if I can scare them away.
About the only thing that makes them fly is my dog but they only fly to the pond and set there honking. At least I am not like the OP with regard to that. I am not driven mad by it, but the goose crap is another matter. 60 geese do a lot of crapping.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun?
hyper sensitive ear. any sort of glass ware, regular metal forks/knives/etc... noise of the "ting sounds" hurt. the robin is in that sound range that goes straight through me, and dropping me to the floor.

ear plugs don't work. ear muffs do not work. if anything plugs/muffs irritate and make things worse.

hoping for a sound gun / ultra sonic gun / sound cannon that is directional.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #10  
i got a peasky little stinking loud robin, that i swear is trained to follow me around. and CHRIP as loud as possible, and finds a window or tree limb and looks directly at me and chirps.

the little spring loaded bee bee gun not strong enough to kill it, and stupid bird now hides behind a tree limb, just peaking around the side and watches for me to come around. and as soon as he sees me, takes off to another tree just out sight peaking around the corner.

from 4:30 am till 9:00 pm non stop chirping. the other birds i can deal with, less high pitched noise. and does not go straight through the house walls and windows, and over fans and tv sounds. that and other birds are skiddish. this robin on the other hand. is like my nemesis or something.

was hoping someone might have an idea (beyond me becoming a better shoot with a bigger gun) with a sound cannon or some sort of piezo speaker? and some sort of sound file? so i can knock the sucker out, don't care if i kill it or not. or if i gotta do a pain treatment chriping lessons with it. (worse than noisy neighbor barking dogs type doing)
Sounds like you need to move back to town, where you only have to put up with the noise of traffic and trains... Maybe buy a place near an airport?

It will drown out those pesky robin sounds!!

SR