Fish on the Ice!!

/ Fish on the Ice!! #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I know not many of you are keeping up with the Stanley Cup playoffs but.......how on God's green earth do the Nashville fans get a ten pound catfish past security and hold on to it for three periods before throwing it out on the ice?

Some of those fish are still kicking.

Can you imagine the smell after sixty minutes sitting there with that thing wiggling under your shirt?

Security must be turning a blind eye......and nose........at the gates. I mean I had to throw away a pocket knife when I went thru security back in March.

RSKY

Even if you are not a hockey fan it is worth your time to attend one game in Nashville. Supposed to be only ten ice rinks in the entire state but the fan base there for the Predators is rabid. And I'm used to SEC basketball.

/ Fish on the Ice!! #2  
You know, If the fans are not allowed to "get into it", they will stop coming to the games. The owners know that too. It's entertainment after all. FOR ALL.

I love the game.

Go Preds!

(anyone but the Pengys)

/ Fish on the Ice!! #3  
Subban's temper tantrums and diving , takes away from the game , it has become like watching World cup soccer . Also now crashing the goalie is common place .......... I am not a fan of either team , but Penguins style of game is more the way the game should be played.

/ Fish on the Ice!! #4  
You know, If the fans are not allowed to "get into it", they will stop coming to the games. The owners know that too. It's entertainment after all. FOR ALL.

I love the game.

Go Preds!

(anyone but the Pengys)

They wouldn't stage scenes would they??!

/ Fish on the Ice!! #5  
Down the front of the pants, leg and all!

I believe that the cheapest tickets available for any remaining games in "Smashville" are starting at several $ thou.

Best thing I've seen/heard is one of the local TV channel's sportscaster found a video clip of Rinne's amazing 3-attempt defense with a Finnish play-by-play announcer. I'm pretty sure that the announcer got so spun up that he wet his pants. Come to think of it, he may have looked like he had a catfish in there.

/ Fish on the Ice!!
Pekka Rinne has earned his $7 million a year starting salary. Stopping the first shot with his knee pad, stopping the rebound shot with his stick, then kicking the second rebound away with his foot. Daammmnnnn, don't have to know much about the game to appreciate that.

Never been interested in hockey until we started going to a game or two a year. It is a 2.5 hour drive to Nashville from our front door. I understand all of Middle Tennessee and close by Kentucky has gone nuts over the team. But I don't really understand why. HOCKEY, heck nobody I know of has ever even been on skates but everybody is watching these games. But my wife sits there all tense and jumps up and screams like it was the U. K. basketball team (we are from Kentucky).

RSKY

/ Fish on the Ice!! #7  
I guess Rinne had some trouble last night :D

/ Fish on the Ice!!
Rinne couldn't stop anything. BUT, the Penguins set up for their goals perfectly. I give more credit to the Pittsburgh team than anything. Can't deny that they are two good teams.

/ Fish on the Ice!! #9  
I understand all of Middle Tennessee and close by Kentucky has gone nuts over the team. But I don't really understand why. HOCKEY, heck nobody I know of has ever even been on skates but everybody is watching these games.

Hockey as perceived by a Southerner.:)

Steve

/ Fish on the Ice!! #10  
Ice fishing? Don't have to smuggle it in, maybe they drill a hole in the ice and catch it in between the periods? Just watch out for the Zamboni!

It can be a real danger when that ice is too thin: