IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC #1  

JD5210

Veteran Member
Tractor
5210 MFWD
I have setup my neighbors Windows 10 PC to be a FTP server to transfers files from their android tablet. I am wanting to put a ftp client on their phone in order to wireless transfer files from phone to the PC.

Does anyone have experience doing this and what ftp client for the phone did you use?

Their daughter-in-law plugged the phone into the PC to transfer pictures once before. Not saying she caused the problem, but shortly after that they had file problems, so I am looking to do this wireless and use ftp. The PC does not have Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC #2  
I transfer files from my android phone (both directions) using Wi-Fi all the time to a PC using ES file explorer. It is available in the "play store".

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC #3  
I transfer files from my android phone (both directions) using Wi-Fi all the time to a PC using ES file explorer. It is available in the "play store".
ES File explorer was always the go-to program, but something happened and it was then not so great. There are now several alternatives that are much better than ES. Here's an article on a few. 4 Better Alternatives to ES File Explorer for Android

As for what happened to ES, ES File Explorer - A Short Story of A Fallen King

I now use Solid Explorer and am quite happy with what it does.

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC #4  
Most have gone away from file transfer and use a cloud based apps. We use google drive every day. Others like drop box are also popular.

With this method any device would have access wirelessly. File transfers have a HUGE limitations that the above mentioned apps/programs have overcome.

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC
Thanks for the responses. The phone is an Apple IPhone and I am looking for a ftp client for that.

Their internet is through their cell phone was hoping to avoid that, so as not to use up their data plan.

As an aside on my android phone I am using the app AndFTP (can find it on the play store) as my ftp client and I am very happy with it.

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC #7  
I haven't seen any programs that don't require iTunes on the PC. Start there.

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC #8  
There are a zillion FTP client apps for iPhone/iPad on the iOS App Store. Enter "FTP" in the search field (on the "App Store" app on the device) and then spend some time figuring out which is the best one for your needs.

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC #9  
Have you done much on iOS? The general view on file storage is different than Windows and Android. In iOS, each app gets its own isolated "sandbox" to use for its specific purpose. Any access outside of its sandbox is subject to tighter controls and specific procedures. I haven't used an FTP client on iOS, but I'd be surprised if they work the way you'd expect on other operating systems. It would see the files on the remote host, but it would need specific logic to deal with each type of data (photos, music, etc.).

I suspect the solution will have to get a little deeper into the type of information being transferred, and the direction of transfer.

/ IPHONE FTP Client to Windows 10 PC
I have not done much with IOS. That is why I am proceeding with caution and looking for assistance from someone that has experience doing this.