10% off gonna break me

/ 10% off gonna break me #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
A couple weeks ago we got a coupon in the mail from the local big box store. Won't mention the name but it begins with an 'L'. This coupon said we could get 10% off our ENTIRE PURCHASE ONE TIME! We needed a couple things and were going to go get them but the wife said, "Let's make a list of everything we need or want and get it all at once. After all we are on a fixed income and 10% saved is 10% earned."

Holy guacamole!!

I'm gonna have to take out a second mortgage to pay for all this crap.

List is on second page, double spaced, and growing.

RSKY

/ 10% off gonna break me #2  
Apparently the absolute values of your wife's demand elasticities for L's products are much greater than 1. :)

Steve

Last edited:
   / 10% off gonna break me #4  
Palmetto State Armory has been doing the same thing to me with AR pistols. Bought two 2 weeks ago, and just ordered another today

/ 10% off gonna break me #5  
A long time ago one of my brothers girl friends stopped by where I was working as a teenager. She was showing me all the stuff she bought and proudly talking about how much money she saved. I'm pretty certain she didn't need any of it and her wallet was certainly a lot emptier. Thankfully that one didn't last long with my brother.

/ 10% off gonna break me #7  
They're nothing to be ashamed of -- we all have them.:)

Steve

If you can prove that you are a veteran, you can get 10% off at both Loew's and Home Depot, on any single purchase, or combination of purchases, anytime.
No coupons required!

/ 10% off gonna break me #8  
As for veteran status, Lowe's & Home Depot do not normally recognize a DD214. However, if you take the DD 214 to your driver's license office they will add a Veteran status indicator to your drivers license (in most states) and everyone I've encountered accepts that for proof of veteran status. Here in Texas, it cost $11 to get it added (plus the time waiting in line). There is also an effort by the DOD to get an actual veteran's ID card created - no idea as to time frame to make it happen, but it will only get you the veteran recognition by the businesses and nothing else.

/ 10% off gonna break me #9  
A couple weeks ago we got a coupon in the mail from the local big box store. Won't mention the name but it begins with an 'L'. This coupon said we could get 10% off our ENTIRE PURCHASE ONE TIME! We needed a couple things and were going to go get them but the wife said, "Let's make a list of everything we need or want and get it all at once. After all we are on a fixed income and 10% saved is 10% earned."

Holy guacamole!!

I'm gonna have to take out a second mortgage to pay for all this crap.

List is on second page, double spaced, and growing.

RSKY

Be careful - there is some sort of a Lowe's coupon scam going around, although I've only heard about it being through Facebook and email. Snail mail may be legit. I think the news said Lowe's has something about it on their website.

/ 10% off gonna break me #10  
As for veteran status, Lowe's & Home Depot do not normally recognize a DD214. However, if you take the DD 214 to your driver's license office they will add a Veteran status indicator to your drivers license (in most states) and everyone I've encountered accepts that for proof of veteran status. Here in Texas, it cost $11 to get it added (plus the time waiting in line). There is also an effort by the DOD to get an actual veteran's ID card created - no idea as to time frame to make it happen, but it will only get you the veteran recognition by the businesses and nothing else.

If you have a VA medical ID card, your VA card is sufficient at both Lowe's and Home Depot.