If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old...

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old... #21  
Ha,ha - like you PHPaul - I'm not so much into ladders anymore. The one ladder I use the most - its an aluminum one and the darn thing vibrates at the same harmonic as my knees shaking. But LOOK OUT asphalt - I got a brand new 2017 BMW R1200GSA, Triple Blac, and I like surfing the wind on that bike.

View attachment 518363

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old... #22  
dieselcrawler - you're still just a pup. I've got two great grand kids - girls - 3 & 5. My big 'ol tractor doesn't scare them one bit. What they like the best - I hook my ten ton farm wagon up to the tractor - throw in half a dozen bales of straw and we go out cruising the property - them with the straw bales in the farm wagon. I know I could pull them in that wagon until the tractor ran out of fuel and they would still be shouting - Go great grandpa Go.

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old...
FJsmall.jpg

Nice ride, oosik!

I'm riding a '16 Yamaha FJ09. Quite a step up from my last bike, a '79 XS650.

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old... #24  
Good Lord, PHPaul, I should say - QUITE a step up. I just got my GSA twelve days ago. I had a 2015 BMW R1200R and I could see the writing on the wall. It was a lot more of the "crotch rocket" type and I was slowly morphing into that type of rider - in my case, definitely not good. Rather that going 55-65 on the paved county back roads - I was going 80-100 with no good end in sight. There is one cross state highway about 30 miles south of me - Hwy 26 - and thats where I figured, at the rate I was going, they would have to clean me off the asphalt with a truck load of sponges. I was using that highway to reach terminal velocity on the 2015 R bike.

This new bike is definitely larger - eight gallons of gas in the tank above the engine - heavier and has a somewhat calming effect. I definitely do not ride with any type of death wish and perhaps I'll live a little longer if the bike I choose to ride doesn't encourage such a wild/carefree behavior.

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old... #25  
Getting older is not all bad. I remember how much smarter my dad got when I was between the ages of 14 and 21. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old... #26  
*grin* this pup is glad to hear you 'old dogs' still have fun on the bikes... I recently traded off 2 fast things for a truck, in hopes I also didn't end up a bloody mess somewhere along the trail... be careful out there!

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old... #27  
Well - I'll not worry about you diesel - at least in a truck you have a good chance. Three years ago I decided I was too old to ride anymore. Gave my cherry '98 Harley FXDL(Dyna Low Rider) to my son. He'd been itching for that bike for years. The following spring the gentile warm wind began blowing and I knew my riding day WERE NOT over yet. Therein started my sage with the BMW's. In 2015 it was the R1200R, now its the 2017 R1200 GSA.

I rode that Harley for 17 years and loved every minuet of it. Now I want to hear the songbirds, the wind, the hum of the tires when I ride. I just got tired of the constant blatttttt of the turn-out exhaust. Now my son rides that Harley and he enjoys it as I did.

Why He**, I'm not old - I'm just getting to that age where I'm learning how to enjoy life.

The Fj definitely brings out the hooligan in me. A tad over 100 horsepower in a a tad under 500 pound package makes for some exhilarating riding.

I TRY to behave myself, but I'm not always successful.

Been riding since I was 16. Told my wife when we got married that I expected to die on a motorcycle. At roughly 90 years old...

In that 50 years of riding, I've been off hard three times (not including dirt bikes). Never broken a bone. So far...so good...:thumbsup:

/ If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was getting old... #29  
Well, I got a late start. 1965 on a 100cc twin cylinder Yammi. I kept burning the pistons - got good at quick change. Finally the dealer said - you are JUST too big for 100cc. I graduated to a 250 Ducati Diana - the fun began. For two years I raced flat track - 750 Snortin' Norton. Didn't do too good there either - too old, too big - knew what pain was. The other riders were very young, indestructible and knew no pain or fear.

Never been down except when we would ride the dirt bikes in the dry peat bogs - what a total blast.

ggsbike.jpg

Apple don't fall too far from the tree. Great grandson on his Dad's dirt bike...