I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #21  
could consider re doing your yard/drive so one does not have to back up to turn around,

some years ago I redid ours so there is a U drive and the school bus, UPS, mail car, and we love the ease of not having to back up to get back out on the road, makes things much safer for all,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what I do not understand is this "Smart post" and "Sure post" send it UPS or FeEx to a post office near you so the post office can take an extra 3 days to deliver it,

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #22  
I have Amazon Prime and have requested UPS/Fedex only.

Thanks for posting. I didn't know it was possible to customize Amazon shipping. Will investigate. All the problems we've had (slow delivery, lost packages) have involved USPS.

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #23  
My very first salaried job, punch a time clock, etc. was just a part time, temporary position when a postal employee was off sick, hospitalized, or such (1957). And I delivered the parcel post in a 1949 Willys Jeep panel wagon with no drivers door and no muffler. Everyone in town, and every dog in town, recognized the sound of that thing coming.:laughing: Of course that was a little town of less than 5k population. And sometimes my job was walking a route when we delivered the mail to a box by the front door of each house, or a slot in the front door.

I later became a full time clerk in the Dallas Post Office, and worked there for exactly 5 years before leaving to become a police officer (1959 to 1964). Of course, in those days, UPS, FedEx, etc. didn't exist so we handled all the packages unless they were so big that the sender had to use a freight trucking company.

How things have changed!!! Of course, now we live in town, so our mail carrier (female) still delivers USPS packages to the door.

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #24  
Thanks for posting. I didn't know it was possible to customize Amazon shipping. Will investigate. All the problems we've had (slow delivery, lost packages) have involved USPS.

Yep just sent an email stating I don't have USPS at my property

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #25  
In my neck of the woods all the carriers (FedEx, UPs USPS etc) all contract to each other and occasionally to a smaller contractor.
All that being you know who shipped it but not who will deliver it.

I signed waivers so that the major carriers can sign for and drop the parcels thus saving me 25 KMS drive to collect a parcel or registered mail.
Problem with subcontractors is that they ignore the waiver and even when I do go for pick up often the parcel is not there at the prime carrier pick up point so I need a second trip. (very frustrating and wasted 30 km trip.)

I try to convince myself that the pluses outweigh the negatives when it comes to rural living.
Still debating that point!

One plus is that I play (work) with my tractor which I could not do in downtown Montreal. LOL.
Also the loons, and other wildlife* out here is better than the dogs and cats in the city core.

*Deer, moose, bobcats, lynx, foxes, wolves, loons, geese etc etc.

But being only 1 hour from downtown metropolitan Montreal I still can enjoy 'big city' life when I chose to. (getting rarer and rarer)

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #26  
My address is rural about 100 houses in 8 square miles. I have had the same USPS carrier for about 15 years (weekdays). I worked with her husband 38 years ago. She has been great to us. She delivers (larger than the mailbox) packages to the front door. She will put the letters and bills with the boxes. The USPS will deliver packages after hours and Saturdays and Sundays for the other carriers. Also the other carriers deliver Amazon to the door.

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #27  
I have a long wooded driveway. You cannot see the house from the street so you won't know there is a circle up near the house and barn. All the delivery companies have driven down the drive at one time or another and know they can. If it doesn't fit in the box at the road, it's always delivered right onto my porch....... Except for the 100 pound welder that some poor ups schmo carried done the whole length of the driveway last year. He was pizzed me thinks.

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #28  
My latest experience with USPS express shipping was to say the least excellent. I won a pair of Allen Edmunds off eBay on Friday at 5PM. The seller shipped them from California that day. I received them Monday afternoon in North Carolina.

/ I'm guessing USPS wants out of the parcel business #30  
Living outside the city limits of Warm Springs, Georgia, I'll vouch for excellent mail delivery here. Same of course with UPS and FedEx. Packages that are too large for our minimum size mailbox are delivered to our front porch.

BUT - if one lives inside the city limits of Warm Springs, you don't get home USPS mail delivery! None, nada, zero.

City residents, population of 480, have to buy a post office box, or they simply don't get USPS mail. Now - ain't that a kick in the head?

If the PO choses not to provide delivery service to a physical address or business location, the PO Box is supposed to be FREE. It's in the Domestic Mail Manual, part D915.2. Are you sure they're paying?