Timber Frame Build - Round 2

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #201  
I love what you have done with the building. Its an amazing transformation. I am kicking around the idea of starting a bit of a folk school on my property. Cost and what I can do will be a big decision on what type of building I put in. But seeing your transformation gives me hope that I can plan out something that is useful and beautiful. Great job!

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2
I love what you have done with the building. Its an amazing transformation. I am kicking around the idea of starting a bit of a folk school on my property. Cost and what I can do will be a big decision on what type of building I put in. But seeing your transformation gives me hope that I can plan out something that is useful and beautiful. Great job!

Thanks Forge. Been plugging away at the ceiling the last couple of days. This is a lot of surface area for one guy to cover. I'm beat. About 75% of the vaulted ceiling is covered now. The flat lower wings will be much easier. No more up and down on the lift or climbing.

TC3

TC1

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #204  
Wow, I bet you are beat if you are sheathing all by yourself! Looking great! :thumbsup: I like the natural unfinished look. We did the same with 2x6 T&G fir ceiling/roof for my dad's cabin. It aged beautifully and we never had to worry about finishing each piece ahead of time or the pain to finish it in place.

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #205  
That looks incredible, thanks for sharing these.

That looks incredible, thanks for sharing these.

Thanks Wakey. Things should start to come together in the next 4 weeks. Electrical rough in is done for the side walls. I had a meeting today to go over our sound install. Should have some connection points for DJ's that we need roughed in next week then we will be ready for sheetrock. My second shipment of tongue and groove should arrive next Friday then I can get the ceilings finished up. For the house upstairs everything has been painted now. All of the old linoleum and carpet is gone. We have started tile work for the laundry room and bathrooms.

Now back to our sound install. I'm pretty excited about it. Everything will be in ceiling. We have 4 - 18" powered subs, 8 - 12", and 8 - 8" speakers that will go in ceiling. The powered subs may be a bit tricky as we will have to figure out a way to mount them and trim out in the t&g ceiling as they are not made for in ceiling install. Setting sound up with 4 amps for zone control. It should outperform most portable DJ setups and will provide even sound throughout the venue as opposed to a normal DJ setup where you are trying to cover the entire venue by blasting from one location. We are also planning to install several colored led wall wash lights on dmx controls for washing walls in wedding colors of choice.

Sheetrock was hung today. Still amazes me how fast someone who is skilled at their trade can work. Two man crew. They started at 7:30 this morning and were done by 4. They just need to come back to wrap the steel building posts that sit behind the timbers on the exterior walls then waiting for their finisher later this week.

2018-01-27_04-48-33

2018-01-27_04-46-40

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #209  
Amazing, it actually looks bigger in there now!!!!

/ Timber Frame Build - Round 2 #210  
Amazing, it actually looks bigger in there now!!!!
That was my first impression too on seeing the latest pics. Maybe the light colored drywall. How and what color are you going to finish the walls?