Hurricane Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Hurricane Harvey #1  

rekees4300

Elite Member
Tractor
JD4300
Heads up for Texas. Hurricane Harvey is intensifying and coming your direction. Harvey is expected to drop 10 to 15 inches of rain with isolated maximum amounts of 25 inches over the Texas coast through next Wednesday.

23290000-mmmain.gif

/ Hurricane Harvey #2  
Thanks for the heads up...

/ Hurricane Harvey #3  
plus 6 - 10 foot storm surge........last I heard this was going to hit the coast as a cat 3 hurricane and then stall over land just past the coast hence the dumping of massive amounts of rain......batten down the hatches all and stay safe......Jack

/ Hurricane Harvey #4  
This won't be good at all. Hopefully the weather folks are wrong with their rainfall forecast. Just heard 30" or more in some areas of Texas. We had that much here last August.

/ Hurricane Harvey #5  
It'll be bad. Local forecast said depending on how long it sits on us 30-40+" and 50" is possible. This has the potential to be real nasty. I think we are in the 10-15" range. Stores are getting wrecked right now

Brett

/ Hurricane Harvey #6  
Good luck to you great folks in Texas.Stay safe..

/ Hurricane Harvey #7  
We are having mandatory evacuations well ahead of the storm. I was just down there last week, drove from Indianola to Port Aransas and stayed on the beach. It will look different down there after the weekend. Rockport is where it expected to make landfall, it has grown so much down there in the past 10 years.

/ Hurricane Harvey #8  
I was working in Corpus when a hurricane came by in the late '70s. We picked up the whole company and moved 200 miles inland. After the storm passed we moved back.

/ Hurricane Harvey #9  
Now up to three feet of rain predicted! That would be a good snow storm,can't imagine that much rain.
Take this storm seriously, it looks to have a life threatening potential. Good luck,our thoughts are with you !

/ Hurricane Harvey #10  
Stay safe down there folks,and were pulling for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.