Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I ordered two special oil filter wrenches for delivery August 25th using Amazon prime, so I could use them over the weekend.
Both promised delivery by 8 pm on the 25th. One showed up early, about 1 p.m.
I got a message about the second one that the seller "missed the delivery time" and it wouldn't arrive until August 28th.
On Saturday, the 26th, checking Amazon website it still said "Original Estimate: Aug 25, 2017".
Today, August 28th, they've changed that to "Original Estimate: Aug 28, 2017".

Note they shipped before the Hurricane.

But now since they changed their original estimate they will meet their deadline.

Must be nice to change history.

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #2  
Re: Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't seem to have a decent way of policing it's vendors. With Amazon's complaint being 100% automated, if your complaint doesn't fall into one of its predefined categories your screwed.

Prime shipping is a big complaint of mine. Most vendors are good and when they advertise free prime shipping that's what you get. But a few vendors abuse the system. Because shipping to me is expensive, (I live very rural) I pay for prime. But a few vendors will just arbitrarily cancel my order. It's a real pain, do the research, place the order, wait a week, order is canceled. Because the order no longer exists, no order number. And without an order number you can't file a complaint or leave comment. WHAT A SCAM!

I'm sure those few vendors are making a killing. Advertising Prime but canceling any order whose shipping costs they decide they don't want to pay for. And the customer is SCREWED with no way of letting Amazon know what a those few vendors are doing.

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #3  
I ordered two special oil filter wrenches for delivery August 25th using Amazon prime, so I could use them over the weekend.
Both promised delivery by 8 pm on the 25th. One showed up early, about 1 p.m.
I got a message about the second one that the seller "missed the delivery time" and it wouldn't arrive until August 28th.
On Saturday, the 26th, checking Amazon website it still said "Original Estimate: Aug 25, 2017".
Today, August 28th, they've changed that to "Original Estimate: Aug 28, 2017".

Note they shipped before the Hurricane.

But now since they changed their original estimate they will meet their deadline.

Must be nice to change history.

Amazon takes care of its Prime members. Just contact them via feedback on your order and they will likely extend your Prime membership by a month for free for the late delivery.

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #4  
Amazon takes care of its Prime members. Just contact them via feedback on your order and they will likely extend your Prime membership by a month for free for the late delivery.
Let us know how that works out for you.

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #5  
Let us know how that works out for you.

It worked out well, complained 3 times and got 3 monthly extensions for free. BUT in my case all the merchandise was 2-day guaranteed and sold/shipped by Amazon so my situation may not apply to OP?

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #6  
It worked out well, complained 3 times and got 3 monthly extensions for free. BUT in my case all the merchandise was 2-day guaranteed and sold/shipped by Amazon so my situation may not apply to OP?
Kewl, my compliant is when when Amazon's vendors change history, I.E. canceled orders, changed delivery estimates. With the current Amazon customer service system I can't find a way to tell Amazon a vendor is pulling stunts, that as far as I am concerned, are knocking on the door of fraud.

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #7  
Kewl, my compliant is when when Amazon's vendors change history, I.E. canceled orders, changed delivery estimates. With the current Amazon customer service system I can't find a way to tell Amazon a vendor is pulling stunts, that as far as I am concerned, are knocking on the door of fraud.

Amazon has what they call "A-to-z Guarantee Protection".

"We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Pay; that's why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Pay for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

This applies to purchases made on the Amazon.com website. For purchases made on third-party websites using Amazon Pay, go to Amazon A-to-z Guarantee on the Amazon Pay Help page.

Customers who pay for purchases from an Amazon seller via the Amazon.com website are eligible to receive up to $2,500 of the purchase price, including shipping charges.

Note: If the seller's listing is eligible for Amazon Prime, Amazon Customer Service will handle any situation covered by the A-to-z Guarantee.

For more information on when you can file an A-to-z claim, go to A-to-z Claim Conditions."

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #8  

I would be surprised if Amazon did not deal with the situation in some way. Rox, TBN's Award Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil bottler has had to jump through hoops getting Amazon to sell her product. My impression is that if the vendor does not meet Amazons standards, they are out of there.

When the Kindle Fire was new, I did what I normally do not do, which is be a Technology Pioneer. I let other people collect the arrows that comes with being a pioneer, but in this case, the Kindle Fire would save me quite a bit of money and time so I hooked up the wagon... :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sure enough, I collected a bunch of arrows and called up Amazon. Got a hold of a very nice and informed employee. However, as I thought, the problem was not with the Fire, I had to start with them, but the problem was with the vendor's application. I was on the phone for a good two hours, on a Friday night, :mad: and Amazon comped me a couple of months of Prime membership and then sent me to the vendor who admitted they had a problem that they soon fixed.

The few times I have had problems with Amazon orders they have handled the issues correctly. Given how much we order from Amazon, it is pretty amazing how few problems we have experienced.

Later,
Da

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #9  
Amazon has been LAME for me lately.

1) an amazon-day deal at 10:00. Wife hit "refresh" right AT 10:00, and the item was already sold out and the waiting list was full. I contacted them, and the first person said she'd pass along the info, yadda yadda. Seemed reasonable. *something* is going on there. Tried to follow up 3 times and couldn't get ANYTHING but a "we don't do post purchase price adjustments". But I'm accusing you of FRAUD at this point..........."we don't do post purchase price adjustments". I gave up, bought it from walmart.

2) Ordered a car part at 2x the rockauto price so I could have it in 2 days. It said 2-day delivery on the confirmation page. Hit "confirm" and all of a sudden it was 2 weeks out. Started a chat instantly, and they gave some BS line about stock quantities always changing, bleah bleah bleah. Yup, the world changed in that 45 SECONDS it took me to skim over the confirmation page. Again, VERY DISHONEST, if not fraudulent.

Don't forget, the 2-day only applies to a couple days a week. Order anything late wednesday, thursday, or Friday it isn't coming till the next week. And of course saturday orders don't come monday, they come as if you ordered them on Monday (so wednesday).

They didn't do any A to Z, extending prime, nothing.......

This from a guy with an Amazon Visa......

/ Amazon and "alternative facts" - rant #10  
Amazon has been LAME for me lately.

Don't forget, the 2-day only applies to a couple days a week. Order anything late wednesday, thursday, or Friday it isn't coming till the next week. And of course saturday orders don't come monday, they come as if you ordered them on Monday (so wednesday).

This might be changing...the last 2 orders we placed on a Friday were delivered by a USPS truck on Sunday (not our usual postman, who always drives his personal car). The driver said he handles all the Sunday deliveries in a pretty big area around us.