Gas shortages

/ Gas shortages #1  

square1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1700 4x4 w/ FEL
Are you seeing our of gas gas stations in your area? I haven't been out for 3 days but keep hearing the price is jumping and in some places they are experiencing shortages. Timing is bad for the harvest :( Are we headed for rationing?

/ Gas shortages
Nope... and I just filled up the ute a few hours ago.
:D
You might not see the impact of Harvey for a millennium or three.

/ Gas shortages #4  
Last 2 days gas gone up 13 cents here,

/ Gas shortages #6  
Price is up here from $2.39 to $2.55 in general but I have not heard of shortages

/ Gas shortages #7  
Social media, and of course fake news will create one though. Get it when you need to and all will be fine. They need to have an excuse to raise prhe price, even if not a valid one.

/ Gas shortages #8  
Truck stop on 75 had fuel for 1.99 going to the farm. 2.55 coming home. Lima has their own refinery in town, and was the reason for the 1.99 price for so long.

/ Gas shortages #9  
Price for regular went from $2.69 to $2.99 in ten days. No shortages, yet.

/ Gas shortages
Social media, and of course fake news will create one though. Get it when you need to and all will be fine. They need to have an excuse to raise prhe price, even if not a valid one.

The shelf life of gasoline is very short comparatively making stockpiling impractical. Somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of all US gasoline refining capacity is offline. I don't think fake news or social media will have to stretch to far to create a shortage.